MikroTik:All eth3-12 working except eth2 which is LAN

Hello everyone, I am new here and to MikroTik please help me resolve this issue.

I configured a network with 2 bridge

1st bridge is my local Network with address 192.168.88.1/24 on port 2 only

2nd bridge is for my AP devices which contain port 3-7 all working fine. With address 172.10.X.X/24 with internet access

I the 3rd address by default after setting DNS setting for my eth1 with is the source.

I create masquerade my connection for other to access the networks but I’m having issue, I did all I can but unidentified network from my Computer. But the TPlink OMADA is working also the UISP only my local IP that is not connecting to internet.

The computer is getting all the Network DHCP details correctly but not identified.

Also I set a hotspot which is also working fine but myip/userman is returning 404 error.

I update all my router packages, and the user manager, I read some articles on internet to enable www but still failing.

Thank you all

I recently came across a video going over the default configuration many MikroTik devices have and how to set that up yourself. Might be a nice one to review and see if you forgot anything in how you set it up for yourself.

Skipped ahead with the timestamp to where he starts about the configurations.

I will give it a try, thank you

Thank you for your suggestion, I noticed the issue the first time I restored the router, and instead setting up the DHCP Server for the local eth2 and assigning IP address first I go on stting the second bridge DHCP and IP.

So I Delete the entire DHCP Server and create new with the local first and then the second.

Boom I got the internet.

For Masquerading, I see many videos Assign scr-dst to the WAN port, but after following the mikrotik guide, I found may be is no longer needed or I dont understand something related to that.

I just set the action to masquerade and its working fine.

1 Like

Setting up masquerade really isn’t that hard. The documentation, like the video, lists it as a single thing to set up.
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/NAT#NAT-Masquerade

And it sounds like you might have missed adding eth2 to your bridge, so it wouldn’t get an IP from the range you specified. :thinking:
But without knowing how you set it up and now having deleted it… there is no way to find out :sweat_smile:

Anyway, good to hear that you’ve got it fixed!