Migrated my KVM to a new desk and now I cannot reach the same display resolutions?

I have an Asus PG42UQ with the firmware from June 2023 that fixed HDR, a L1TKVM 4 computer 2 DP 1.4 monitor(using just single monitor and 3 computers) 10Gbps variant and It was working just fine before I unplugged it for maybe 1.5 hours while re-routing all the wires on some new cable caddy’s and when I got it all done I noticed the displays forgot my resolution settings. Well apparently it forgot more than that because I cannot use 120hz on either my M1 Pro MacBook any more or my m2 pro MacBook. I am using the same cables and I think Im using the same ports on the KVM but I honestly cannot remember if I used the top or bottom DP 1.4 ports on the KVM. Even the cable to the monitor is the same. I only bought a new DP 1.4 cable for my gaming pc that I didn’t even have connected when these issues started.

What’s super odd is I unplugged them for a shorter time frame maybe a few seconds and Ive never had my Macs forget what they are capable of haha.

No software update on macOS just a prolonged “power outage”

I can use HDR and 4k with VRR from 48-60Hz and thats the most my Macs can run now oddly enough. I’ll turn on my gaming pc and see what it’s 3090 ti can output.

I did try a reboot of the KVM by unplugging everything and reconnecting it. I’m open to suggestions of what I should try.

Thank You,

• Blaine

UPDATE:
The gaming pc is also limited to 4k 60hz HDR too. how strange. also just tried the bottom DP 1.4 ports on the KVM instead of the top and it still limits the resolution to 4k 60 HDR. Maybe a setting got messed on my monitor.

I think I figured it out. I had to toggle my monitor’s overclocking off and back on again… maybe the DP 1.2 to 1.4 monitor toggle also helped. My M1 Pro let met set 4k VRR 120hz HDR after re-enabling my monitors overclock feature.