Microsoft Purchases Bethesda

seeing the bugs in halo, forza, flight sim, windows 10… I have little faith quality will be known for those future titles now… but I expect more forced logins in games now.

1 Like

MFA is good for security.

1 Like

it has its moments, but good god is the rest a mess

Accountants prolly would like that right around now…

1 Like

As long as Microsoft respects gamers’ preferences and releases content on both the Microsoft Store and Steam then I see this as a win for gamers.

Exclusives will still exist.

I was surprised and happy that the new Flight Simulator was on Steam as well as the Microsoft Store. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

I had flight sim on game pass but doesnt the steam version just make you download it from the windows store anyways, like rainbow6siege makes you download it from Uplay?

No, it just puts the core piece on through Steam, then when you start MSFS, it downloads the sceneries, planes, etc. through Microsoft’s (kinda broken still) content delivery service. The advantage to me of the Steam install is that I can easily put my pix on my Steam with pix from my other sims to share with my friends.

We still have to have an XBox account too, though. So it’s kind of an extra step for Steam. Still worth it for me, so I can share with my friends already. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

sigh… another one bites the dust.

Does that mean that Microsoft offices will look like this now?

Or they are going to fix the issue?

9 Likes

The is a huge deal IMO

Its a win for Microsoft, not the customer. None of these corporations care about the customer.

6 Likes

I’ve found the scroll of truth! (opens it) :scroll:

NYEE

2 Likes

You can make that argument about any entity but after Fallout 4 being mediocre and 76 going off the rails entirely i wrote them off. Bethesda was a dead man walking with that old engine they’ve been slapping duct tape on since Morrowind they need the funding, the resources, but mostly they need pressure to get their shit together.

It’s in Microsoft’s best interest for us to like anything they do moving forward.

Funding and resources was never really a problem for Bethesda after Morrowind, they just weren’t interested in making their products better. And since people keep buying their buggy games, I can understand why they don’t bother fixing the problems.

1 Like

Stop playing games. Buy computers second hand. Get rid of Internet at home. Cancel all streaming services. Stop buying wants and desires (limit yourself to budget brand food items, second hand clothing, etc.). Don’t have friends, either, because if their interests come before yours, you’re just going to be let down. Just be sad, sad, sad and don’t do anything ever.

It’s the only way you, the customer, can come out on top.

2 Likes

I saw linus talking about that on wan show, apparently the gamesize, download is really huge relative to the playerbase that it wouldn’t make sense for valve to host the download

~150 gb per user timestamped

1 Like

I think you’re over board on what I meant. Companies/Corporations are not your friends and shouldn’t be praised as if they were. In terms of doing business I always do research before I buy something, is it an overpriced brand, is it quality, whats the company’s history and such. Then I make the judgement if the deal they offer is good for me, if it is then I’ll buy if not then I won’t.

And I don’t buy into hype or brands, because that is how companies brainwash people.

6 Likes

This doesn’t hold water. Storage is cheap, and so is bandwidth.

COD is over 200GiB and valve hosts that.

3 Likes

If companies don’t provides goods/services people actually want then they will not make any money.

It is is a companies own interest to make a desirable product.

2 Likes