Microsoft Membership Rewards Free Phone/PS4 Giveaway? WTF?

So I wake up and turn on my computer and grab some coffee, check my email, and see a friend sent me this funny news website. I click on the link and am reading through it, and I get a new browser window opens by itself, just like after a W10 update when you first pop edge.
I screenshotted it and closed it out, but I wanted to share it and get other’s take on it.
I also went to the website and tried to recreate it several times, but no luck. I don’t think it was the site.
I’ve never heard of MS giving away free cell phones or a PS4.
Oh, and I’m not signed in to my pc with a MS account.

Read the URL to yourself and ask if that’s a legitimate Microsoft website, lol.

4 Likes

Yeah, I caught that too. I thought it was funny. And that review at the bottom of the page:)

Don’t forget to run a malware scan.

1 Like

Our house phone rang several times today. After we eventually remembered where we had installed it, and blew the think layer of dust off to answer it, a chap (who must be somewhere in the Indian subcontinent) politely told me that my broadband was about to be cut off this afternoon due to ‘errors’. Of course, he would be able to fix these errors and stop my impending disconnect from the www if only I would go to my PC and log on to follow his instructions…

…It was at this point we departed ways and I am sat here waiting for the wife and kids wails of horror as they are cut off and are forced to acknowledge my existence. But do you know what, I think the bastard was lying :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Of course the chap was lieing, India is the capital of this type of con.

Not that this is legit, but Microsoft does have a rewards/sweepstakes program for using Bing and such, lol.

According to a lawyer in Liberia, I’m their rightful prince and have one million dollars waiting for me there…

1 Like

That’s too bad. A trusty, protected VM to allow remote access, a packet sniffer, and some heavy bandwidth testing tools on standby is usually my go to.

1 Like

Agreed, I have played along and trolled these guys in the past, but not to that extent. More like just trying make out I’m running MS DOS 6.2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

LMFAO!!! That is the best troll of a scammer I have heard of yet!!

Damn you I just spit out milk from my nose onto my keyboard! LOL

1 Like