Microsoft Deployment Toolkit connection issues

The background:

• I needed to move this from a VM to a physical box. I decided just to image the new box with a fresh server install and to recreate my MDT setup. At first the box was named GJRDeployment2. I installed MDT and tested working. I then took the VM offline and changed the name of the box from GJRDeployment2 to GJRDeployment. I went through and changed all the share names that I new about to reflect the change. I even deleted the boot folder and updated the deploymentshare to recreate the Light PE file.

The issue:

• Despite changing the share name in all the places I thought it would be, I still get this error message:
    As u can see, it is still trying to connect to GJRDeployment2. I checked the DNS server where and GJRdeployment2 is no longer listed.

I did noticed my bootstrap.ini had the error. But I fixed it and then updated my deployment. I just tried it again and I am still having the same error of it trying to connect to the old share. Do I have to delete the control folder too and then update?

So first issue, it says no DHCP lease. Even if the server name were correct, it wouldn’t be able to connect to it. Have you included any custom drivers when you rebuilt your boot image? Typically HP and Dell desktops require Intel chipset and network drivers to be loaded into the PE image.

Open a command prompt (SHIFT + F10) and do an ipconfig to see what’s going on with your network connection.

Alias the new server to the old name in your DNS, as a bandaide until you find where that incorrect reference is hiding.

I ended up re installing the server. This resolved the issue. I would have like to have found out what was wrong but it needed to be finished that day. Never the less, thank you for the help.

• Skyler