Microsoft and Canonical partner to bring Ubuntu to Windows 10

The END IS ...ah bs.. same shit.. it'll all go on. yet, I feel a presence I haven't felt since..

because I love you nuts

ONE WINDOWS to rule..them all

that shiz scares the shiz outta me!

1 Like

I can only hope...

Cinnamon is typically good, gnome and kde are typically awful when it comes to software rendering. If you really want something that's super lightweight, check out i3.

I hope it is an April fools joke. that would be nice.

Why would canonical do this, what do us linux users get back from this?

Many rumors that Mark Shuttleworth has been looking to sell. . .

No way! To microsoft?

1 Like

i dont know how i feel about this, i have a feeling windows will just become some weird frankenstein of an os with features from both, or vice versa with linux :/ kind of an odd partnership, i guess canonical is sick of not being stupid rich like the big boys.

1 Like

This one!

I view this as Microsoft's first attempt to do a end run around Linux, it's how they do things by first embracing it, then destroying it, they know OSX isn't a threat to them but Linux, that's a different story as we have witnessed a segment of PC users are planning or actively moving to Linux. They will never admit it or even acknowledge people moving off their platform but they are scared to death that it will become widespread, for Microsoft this is a multi-front battle that they have to attack from several different directions and you can bet they are talking to developers applying pressure also.

1 Like

You have no idea how excited I am for this. That's awesome.

I agree 100%, I have no fucking clue why canonical would help them do this.

1 Like

Ya I like Cinnamon over Mate but I'm going to use Mate because it runs just a bit faster in the VM. Whenever I reinstall on bare metal I'm going with Cinnamon tho

For me, I'll use Windows again when it doesn't track me and allows me to make it do exactly what I want it to.

Here is a really odd take on the situation, I don't think I agree though.