Micro ATX / ITX Case for a Deep Graphics Card

Can anyone recommend a case for my current build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/timoral/saved/3ZrFf7
I need the case to be able to give good airflow for my MSI R9 390 Radeon 8G Gaming which in my current build (Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX) has poor airflow. The graphics card almost catches the metal grill which separates the power supply from the rest of the case, which is why I am looking into Micro ATX cases to allow for the extra airflow. The case will still need to support my Asus Z170I ITX motherboard however while supporting good cable management etc.

If there is a Mini ITX case which supports a beefy graphics card then let me know, but so far, all I can find are small enclosures with next to no GPU airflow.

So far I have looked into the Fractal Node

The GPU is currently running at 90oC and I have already tried replacing the the thermal paste with no results so I am down to assuming there is a major airflow problem. I have two 140mm Noctua fans in the front of the case which even at full speed, the gpu can still get to 95oC and throttle under moderate load. The radiator is mounted at the top of the case and has the fans pushing air out so there is no impact there. Any type of overclock will cause it to overheat and shutdown the PC so a way around this is definitely needed.

My budget is a maximum of £100. Any more and I might as well get a downgrade or sidegrade(?) and get a 1060 or risk trusting AMD again and get an RX 480..

?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/hRQypg/cooler-master-case-haf915fkkn1

1 Like

While the NZXT case is nice, its overly bulky and just looks odd imo. The HAF stacker is also not what I'm looking for

I have the fractal mini arc r2. I've got a gtx 1080 ftw in there and it fits fine. Looks quite nice aswell and very spacious and cheap. I've also got a decent noctua cooler in there. It comes with silent fans, I don't even notice a sound out of it. Except for the hard drives that are turning. It's also got dust filters galore. It will fit your radiator as well I think, buit best to make sure.

I did alot of searching and that what I got. You can also go with node 804 for fractal define s(looks awesome!) if you really wanna push it.

So far at the moment, it's between the Node 804 and the Corsair 88R which seem to fit my needs

Cooler Master Elite 130 is so far great and fits just over 12.3 inch cards. I just finished my mitx build with it :3

3 Likes

I second the Elite 130. I built a budget mITX system for a coworker and it’s super roomy for its size, although being a budget build for web browsing he’s just using the igpu.

I agree with the Elite 130 recommendation, but also take a look at a Fractal Design Define Nano S. And even smaller would be a NCase M1 (and a over-all awesome little SFF case)

Also what do you plan to do with the Evolv ITX :wink: