MFZuul's Blog o' Threads

And DONE, just got some kinks to work out and to get used to using only keys no dirty bloat mice

2 Likes

New Update on the old Tries it : Arch Edition

Other news:

• Still no movement on the Thin Client, maybe this week.

• May make a Librebooting thread soon, got all the stuff for my T60s ready.

• Will do a first impressions of my T500, that was librebooted for me and has Trisquel on it

1 Like

yo yo yo Game Dump is Open ya’ll

1 Like

Upcoming projects:

• EGPU- A Thinkpad Story
  • Libre and Core- The Fall of IME
  • Meme or Dream- Using the Eoma68
1 Like

Switched my desktop to manjaro with i3 today. New pointless bloat thread to follow, I have learned much today

2 Likes

And done

2 Likes

and update, small but fun

@redgek @AnotherDev @Adubs @SgtAwesomesauce and anyone else

any of you try Beaker Browser?

Saw it when I was looking at Unwalled Garden. Pretty interesting, nothing too ground breaking but would love to hear your thoughts

1 Like

nopw, may check when have free time

1 Like

Lynx is so much fun! Wish L1T was optimized for it, while it’s super great to lurk and read it… I cant log in, so I cant really use the forum.

Maybe I’m missing something and someone could help me out (or maybe it would be easy to fix cough cough @wendell)

1 Like

sooo @Adubs @AnotherDev @redgek… anyone

if say I am getting an error on my macbook air of “failed to start loader.efi : (14) not found” does this mean I need to load rEFIt? From what I read online its not really clear

Backstory is this Macbook Air had no hard drive, I got one online but it has been wiped so no OS on it. when trying to start antergros everything works on preboot menu (which is weird cuz I think its a 32 bit but w/e) however it goes to that fail message when trying to boot one of those options

probably. Idk anything about linux on macs

1 Like

i have tried about 3 distros now… all are having issues getting into the usb installer. I am thinking there must be something stopping it from what I read on the screen, maybe a hardware issue?

macs will only boot efi

how are you making the USB?

1 Like

balenaEtcher, with an iso like I do with other laptops.

use something else and format it gpt

1 Like

my two brain cells are dead now from needing to be used… I WAS WRONG THIS IS HARD for a dummy like me

just dd the iso to the usb

yeah u probably need rEFIt to boot anything on mac. I remember my dad doing something like that on an older mac.

1 Like

ugh, do I have to grow up and be an adult? I want to be a script kiddie forever

prob, I cant find a single guide that is doing what I am doing. Everyone is duel booting or starting with OSX then overwriting to Linux. One guide said if I didn’t have OSX, you would need to reinstall… but idk sounds dumb if so

welcome to apple

1 Like