Metal Monthly: New Album Releases - February 2017

This is probably the thing that I am looking forward to. I really enjoyed "Cognitive". The track from the new album sounds promising enough. As for them sounding like Tool is not a bad thing but I agree that a distinction between them could be nice.

@Alamar

dis good and you like thrash

1 Like

Yeah Kreator is one of those huge bands that I've never really been a fan of. Mille's vocals haven't really jived with me and I don't really like the more melodic interludes that they use frequently these days. They are definitely at the upper echelons of older thrash bands that are still making music though. It seems like a lot of the older thrash bands really start phoning things in when their members grow older. They write super simple lyrics and music and album titles and song titles all seem to become annoying pop-culture phrases like 'bombs away' and 'fire it up' or something. Also, most aging thrash vocalists sound pretty awful. At least Mille's voice has been pretty consistent.

Their newer stuff is just too pop friendly compared to . . .

:D
1 Like

I like Kreator!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say it's definitely prog metal, and that's what I've always seen them referred as.

Just found this and holy shit its amazing.

I finally have someone relevant to contribute. These guys are local to my area in Dallas. Just discovered them today.

pleasant listening. :3

Hey, guess what was just released?

STRAP YOURSELVES IN BOYS

Already listening.

EDIT: Official info says 24 February release, but it got released today, 23 February? Whatever works I guess.

1 Like

Weird, just responded to you in CPU bench thread (I don't use these forums much) and here you are again in another topic. It's 24th for me so I guess it checks out ;) (though I was expecting it to be the 25th). Seems a bit different to Spiritual Migration so far.