Meshify C: New case... barely fit

Moved to a new case for better airflow. After doing some searching, reading review, and consulting my mostly empty wallet, I decided on the Meshify C. I’m not big into all the RGB and stuff so I opted for the solid side panel.

To fit both fans on the NH-D15, I had to switch the fan configuration from push to pull. Also, the XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra barely, and I mean barely, fit with the bottom fan installed.

If the 5700 hadn’t fit, I was already resigned to removing the plastic shroud to gain more room. Luckily it squeaks by with a few millimeters to spare.

6 Likes

All that Noctua :slight_smile:

1 Like

That might not be the best gpu… You might look for card mods. Gamer Nexus vids. You have plenty of good fans , tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve seen GNs complaints about the Thicc II, but I didn’t think they’d reviewed the III yet. The III changed a lot of the thermal interface to copper. I’ve had it since December and so far I love it. Thanks to AMDs 20.2.2 drivers, all of the issues I had with the 5700 in general have been corrected.

Love the Noctua fans. Great air flow, low noise footprint.

2 Likes

Those complaints were (mostly) due to the closed shroud and the one he has doesn’t have those anymore.

One other note…

I haven’t bought a new case in 10 years so I don’t know if the following is common or not. I greatly appreciate that Fractal included a small tool for installing the motherboard standoffs. I think it is a great bit of help to customers that don’t have a socket set. Plus, it saved me from having to take time digging around my messy, very messy, socket set to find the right size. My inner lazy was satisfied.

Yeah that’s definitely not common with cheap cases, but it is more common with the premium-manufacturers. And even though the Meshify C is one of the cheaper Fractals they probably have thousand of them lying around so it doesn’t really cost them anything.

This noctua air cooler setup is exactly what I am looking into. And possibly a Meshify C as I have some concerns with the Define C. Is this silent enough at all if tweaked ? my gpu will be average a 1660 s at most for now. can the other pci-e slots be used still at all ?

With tweaked fan curves, this case is very quiet. Especially when coupled with any modern video card that has ‘fan stop’ functionality. All the PCIE slots are usable, but I would caution putting a video card in the bottom slot. On my motherboard (x470 Taichi) this places the fans right against the shroud with no ability to draw air.

Its a solid case for its size and price.

Here is the review I relied on before making the purchase.

Thanks. I’ll get myself one and some noctua. The new stock, is the lightened glass panel. I may try a Noctua NH-U12A with this case first. A bit more compact. I saw someone did this.

NH-U12A. If not good enough for a 3950X will try a D15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XPpfe5FpWE&list=ULzf-liyO_eHs&index=18

Should work. IIRC, the NH-D15 is the taller cooler so this should work.

The case manual shows that the windowed case allows for 168mm cpu cooler height, the solid side (like mine) 170mm, and the full tempered glass side allows 172mm

I’ve linked the meshify c manual for reference.

I’m personally about to attempt to use a D15s with a Fractal Design HP-14 fan with the 120mm fan corners.

I would use a 120mm fan for the front fin stack and keep the 140 for the middle stack. The exhaust fan takes care of pull for the D15 exhaust.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.