Media Player Classic Home Cinema MPC-HC slow launch or start up issues

So I’m a video editor and I watch a lot, like loads of video footage and I use mpc-hc as my media player because it’s light and really fast.
But after moving to my new Ryzen system this media player became clunky slow af at starting up, probably takes around 2 seconds to start playing a footage and every time I play a new footage, in those 2 seconds the pc will kinda always freeze.

I think I found the problem and its the Nvidia’s 3D vision and from what I found some says I need to activate the Nvidia’s 3D driver from the service.msc, can’t find it there so I can’t do it. Some say to delete this dll file nvSCPAPI.dll, under the nvdia 3d vision folder. Did that didn’t help. I’ve also tried removing and reinstalling the media player but that also didn’t help.

Any kind of help is much appreciated. Thanks

You can always clean install the driver and not select Nvidia 3D Vision.

1 Like

I seriously haven’t thought of that, so I did exactly what you said, clean install without the 3D vision.

Didn’t work. But I now know that it is really Nvidia shit that is freeze or slows downs the launch of the media player because I tried the media player when I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers and it worked normally.

So I got nothing now.

Disable hardware acceleration in the video renderer. Sounds like the DXVA hardware acceleration is messing with you. MPC-HC works better without hardware acceleration anyways.

2 Likes

Thanks for sticking around man, I disabled the DXVA hardware acceleration and MPC-HC is working fine and is smooth as a butter now. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

No problem.

Make sure to manually specify the number of threads to match the number of processors your OS sees. That gets the best performance playing back stuff up to 4K 60p.

1 Like