Mechanical Keyboard Corner

Whoops, it’s the Freestyle Pro.

Comes in either Browns or Reds.

3 Likes

Perfect!

I’ll have a look when I get back to the office.

1 Like

Am I the only one using cherry MX greens with full in-key rollover through a usb-to-ps2 adapter? Also can control the repeat rate of the keys through PS2.

It’s a cmstorm quickfire pro stealth with greens and a braided cord. Had it since 2013 and not a single key has given out! Quality for sure.

I was using a USB to PS/2 adaptor but at one stage something went wrong one time and I had to use USB again and just never went back to it. Though I do prefer it over USB and still have the adaptor, just in a “not broke don’t fix” state for now.

CMStorm and subsequently Cooler Master mechanical boards were and are solid boards, I have heard nothing bad, but also have not been looking. But they always had the cool options like the QuickfireTK which was almost a tenkeyless size with the numpad pushed over to where the arrows and home/end keys usually are. Really nice design and pretty unique for an off the shelf board.

Greens are not for me, never liked Cherry style click jacket ckicky keys. I am much more into the MX Clear style large tactile bump, though I always go for one of the clones, typically ZealPC’s take on them which are made by Gateron, super smooth and more pronounced sharper tactile bump. I am Interested in the Khail clicky switches with the click bar though, that is a nice click mechanism.

Does this work?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=2n27iiusvu95vqvpaqeb8lnira5s6ogo&topic=102141.msg2802741#msg2802741

That looks pretty slick

Definitely worth following.

Looks awesome.

Dat price tho.

2 Likes

I know I type wrong but I always want the right hand of the sit to include the “B” key.

And a lot of what I do with my boards is looks as much as functionality, so it always look unbalanced they way they are normally split.

Pretty switches. Would go well with like a retropop keyboard or something.

4 Likes

Depending on the shade of color, it might go well with the X Zslane Mercury Rocketeer.

3 Likes

Blue switches.

3 Likes

Extra Clicky!

Odd layout, what is it?

2 Likes

Purple :+1:

1 Like

It’s ISO, because big enter.

https://imgur.com/a/nKZ43 so i have 2 hyperx alloy fps keyboards both with cherry mx reds.

my first ever keybaord was a corsair k90 and like a few others have experienced the cord developed a short with no replacement available. so the detachable cord for the hyperx model is the main reason i went with it.

if i had 1 gripe its that the usb port is only power passthrough and not something i could stick a usb drive into.

I have one two, and it realy bugs me.
Would have been perfect for tinkering with microcontrollers or plug a usb drive in or something.
From the bigs on TPU, it looks like you could DIY the data lines.

Resistor R31 is accross the data lines on the USB A, DI104 and DI103 have their inner pads on the data lines of the micro B.
The difficult part will be to fit a USB-Hub chip in there.

At first I thought so too but the @ and " are swapped and the left shift is full size not split into shift and /.

I thought that this is ISO.
Now that I’ve googled it… confused screeching

I even have an old board like this at home. All the old “ISO” boards that i remember were like this:

Yes I did go and fetch it, because of you!

Hahaha will you could be right that it is still ISO, but I always think of it as 108 key with the UK layout. It does have the big enter key.

Anyone gotten their hands on a G Pro X Keyboard yet? Seems to be the cheapest option for swappable switches out there. Sadly, only available from Logitech directly. From reviews it seems that the switches are standard MX-Mount. At 149€ it’s pretty affordable when compared to the Massdrop Keyboards or other boards with swappable switches. Plus finally no more Romer G switches.
I’m highly considering this to replace my Blackwidow. If only because Razers Software sucks.

2 Likes