Mechanical Keyboard Corner

Idk how I missed that they made that

Yeah pretty decent.

Just too plain for me. I got a mecha to be custom not blend in.

Yeah they are pretty plain. The timing is crazy though, I am in the market for black key caps to have contrast with the white QK65 I have coming in. Also tempted cause of all of the GMK hype- that they affect the sound in a very good way.

Since I want the ā€˜storm trooperā€™ contrast on the QK65 I have these on the way, but Iā€™m thinking of these GMKsā€¦

2 Likes

I am about to recieve my first GMK set too, literally leaveing to go pay the tax so it will be releassd to meā€¦ Andā€¦ Ouchā€¦ But hey lets see what its all about, should have them in about a week.

I also have never had a set and wonder how it stacks up against my preferwnce for cherry porfile PBT.

Damn, its back to $110ā€¦

1 Like

Finally pulled the trigger on making my own keeb.

Switches are like butter, pretty sure they are factory lubed and feel very consistent. Also has a great sound signature so this will probably be my daily for a while now.

4 Likes

Found this and itnlooks really nice as a board.

No VIA No QMK just a board.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005003536693141.html

I was unsure if I was going to order or not, but decided to pull the trigger today.

To start Iā€™m just going to run the spare Silent Alpacas I have on hand, and order another set of cheap blank black PBT caps off Amazon.

I opted for black case and weight, hotswap board w/ bluetooth, and the FR4 plate. I may regret not getting the PC plate like I have in my Tofu, but wanted to try something different.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by not every boot?

1 Like

With my shit Logitech kb I have to run openrgb every boot to set colors - they donā€™t save in hw :frowning:

I donā€™t need to be able to change colors in hw only, can use software for that but not having to to set them every timeā€¦

Oh thatā€™s why I was confused - I think I just completely misread what you said in my quote - and hadnā€™t read the post in which that was a reply to. :slight_smile:

:smile:

Iā€™m over here wondering if I should have gotten a second one haha. But might as well save the ā€˜spotā€™ for when another game changer comes along.

One of the keyboard Youtubers did mention a new board they canā€™t discuss coming out soon.

Brought it up while talking about the QK65 and another 65ā€¦ so my money is on it being a 65 too.

1 Like

Everybody and their mother: releasing another 65%
Me: where are the affordable 75% boards?!

5 Likes

Come to the 65% side. The perfect goldilocks zone between slim and huge. I like how 60s look but I want arrow keys.

F row, Iā€™m fine with pressing ā€œfnā€ then the number.

60 and 65 look so clean.

1 Like

Iā€™m still at TKL level. I like the concept of a 75%, but Iā€™m afraid of smaller boards than that.

1 Like

Me and my basic das keyboard. Before that I had a Corsair k90

I would die if I needed an extra layer to hit function keysā€¦

this is my current travel setup. I got a low profile K7 but while I love the form factor, I just cant live without all my keys. They all get used except maybe Num Lock.

3 Likes

Imma be in hell if I develop the use-case for function keys like youā€™all and Iā€™m sitting on a pile of 65s. Maybe a programable numbpad that is just a bunch of remapped F keys?

Try using CAD software with no function row. That is PAIN.

2 Likes

Or Visio, or a whole bunch of other professional products.

Also games where F keys swap weaponsā€¦

1 Like