Mechanical Keyboard Corner

Yooo i have come to 90% at least fill your criteria, not sure about VIA.

2 Likes

once you flash to Sonix QMK you can enable Via.

1 Like

FU brain! My inner monologue hounding me about the Boba 4UTs I have just sitting here…

If a GB/kit comes out that is gasket mount, 60 or 65%, gasket mount and PCB relief cut, knob in top right and VIA… I won’t be able to say no.

3 Likes

Crosspost! My new keys!

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/post-what-new-thing-you-acquired-recently/149881/12994?u=sapiens

5 Likes

I like that little blue thing :wink:

1 Like

Very nice, always good seeing more ISO around.

What switches did you get in it?

1 Like

I choose the Cherry browns! Feels really nice.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

I’m really just being overly picky – a normal 65% with the block to separate the arrows is the closest easily available keyboard for me to get. Was really hoping to find a 65% where the “End/Home/Pg Up/Pg Down” keys were also spaced off away from the main block off keys as well.

1 Like

Meh, I accept the risk…

TechRadar: Your mechanical keyboard isn’t just annoying, it’s also a security risk.

3 Likes

3 Likes

The QK65 in this vid sounds f’ing amazing

2 Likes

Keytap3 is a software developed by Georgi Gerganov that can detect what keys are being pressed simply by listening at a close range with a half-decent microphone, with Gerganov demonstrating this using a mobile phone’s built-in microphone in an ‘acoustic eavesdropping’ test on their YouTube channel.`

If you are near enough to actually record with audio, why not record with video instead? Better yet, steal the entire goddamn computer?

2 Likes

Why do you do this to me…

Actually looks pretty similar inside to my Go-Ace68, it is getting close to time to build that. I cant wait to hear it with all the dampening.

Thats a great price for the kit though and i like that they liscence the clone caps.

1 Like

That was proven in some whitepaper years ago, for a laptop keyboard.

2 Likes

yeah I doubt its just mech keebs. It was click-baity as I thought they found an issue with the firmware or in Razor’s case that stupid cloud software you have to use.

1 Like

That would be this here:

2 Likes

I was thinking this should be applicable wirh a little time to any keyboard.

I am sure with enougg training too, mice, if it got time to get used to the users movements and acceleration.

I picked up an LK67 barebones kit for $50 on sale. I had some lubed and spring swapped Anubis switches and some GMK Modern Dolch 2 Mist keycaps. This make an excellent mobile setup go along with my new Z13 and MX Anywhere 3.

5 Likes

how do you like the feel of this keyboard ?

The LK67 is surprisingly nice. The stabs came pre-lubed, but I cleaned that off and re-did it with my preferred combo. If it wasn’t so picky, I could have been happy with it out of the box. I was impressed by the fact that it already has foam in some of the spots I would have added it, including its own version of the band-aid mod on the PCB. The literal only disappointing thing about the keyboard is the mode switch. It’s very unclear based on tactile feedback alone when you’ve switched between 2.4, USB, and BT as the switch gates are not clearly defined. I added a few bits of foam to the bottom, but that was honestly unnecessary. Bottom line: Very happy with it for the money. I bought it just to hold me over til I could figure out something nicer… but I don’t actually need to.

2 Likes