Me Ryzen 5700G be refusin' to display on me Asus ROG PG278Q (GSYNC) in Linux.

Me display port monitor works fine during POST an’ GRUB, but once the OS loads me screen turns black an’ the backlight starts flashin’.

I’ve been testin’ different GPUs to make sure it ain’t no cable or monitor issue.

Tried multiple flavors o’ Linux (Manjaro, Ubuntu, an’ Debian).

Each distro be detectin’ me monitor as a generic displayport device.

I’m usin’ a hdmi to displayport adapter to connect me monitor to the integrated graphics.

Debian 11 worked initially after fresh install, albeit in very low resolution.

After updatin’ to the most recent driver, amdgpu, the flashin’ issue returned.

Tried settin’ the resolution with xrandr usin’ the modeline from cvt, but that only stopped the flashin’ an’ nothin’ else.

Since me monitor be 144hz, I’ve tried a modeline from cvt12, which did nothin’. I’ve even tried copyin’ the modeline from me functionin’ nvidia gpu with no success.

Any new insights?

(Rewritten in pirate courtesy of gpt3)

I just upgraded to a 5600G using Kubuntu 20.10 and it has worked flawlessly for me. I didn’t mess with anything. I enabled the XMP profile for my RAM after updating BIOS and that’s it. Standard updates, no PPA’s or other external downloads. In 7 Days to Die it spanks my 1660 Super. I’m using a DVI cable to an old monitor. I’d imagine your issue is with the cable or monitor.

I am currently using a hdmi to displayport adapter it works. So that rules out the cable and monitor being broken at least.