Marvel Comics New Warriors

:joy:

I’m creative because I have gauges and drink $12 soy vanilla lattes all day.

Sure thing buddy, here’s a $350k comic team lead position.

2 Likes

… uuuhh, like Big Bertha? xD

1 Like

Yeah, usually derogatory though.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I am not a comic guy, I have no idea what might be popular in terms of style currently. But aside from all the obvious problems with these “New Heroes”…
I think they look awful. :no_mouth:

Actually I take that back. Just saw the cover of the issue. Art looks ok.

As far as art style, I think that b-negative and screentime actually look kinda cool, I just don’t think the whole premise is going to work out well.

Also, snowflake and safespace have an interesting dynamic duo sorta concept that I’d love to see played out in a non-pandering way.

So, trying to take a positive perspective, I really do hope it’s just the naming that’s dumb, and it turns out to be a good series. I’ll wait for reviews though.

1 Like

This is getting memed so hard, it’s beautiful. xD

From here.

3 Likes

If they explain the internet gas and really flesh out the back stories to be interseting it might save it a bit… but the names…

@noenken

this cover?

i’m not quite convinced on the costumes/style/colour

Also are the twins lovers? It kind of looks like it :neutral_face:

3 Likes

It’s a medium to normalize incest. :face_vomiting:

Yup, that’s the one. Looks ok to me. But … not a comic guy. :wink:

Might also have a lot to do with the proportions of new and old characters. Because the main things I like are not the new ones.

Is the spelling of this thread title intentional?

No :smile:

1 Like

I saw it, thought about fixing it, but decided to leave it.

NOOOO PUTIT BACK

1 Like

stopped watching the minute he discussed Trail Blazer. What a completely terrible concept.

1 Like

Holy shit. Marvel posted this like… they’re proud of it. I had to check the date to see if it was an April Fool’s joke.

I got no horse in this race, I stopped caring about superhero comics a long time ago, but this makes me feel super bad for the people who love that stuff and are craving some quality work.

in fact all this pop culture makes us follow trends of the modernity - for example the excessive tolerance made comics include different carracters

But this isn’t pop culture.

This is the Oligarchy-Enforced Correct Opinion™

3 Likes

I swear you burgers need to leave your continent at least once in your life.

• Sláine (Simon Bisley)
  • Thorgal (Rosiński & Van Hamme)
  • Druuna (Paolo Eleuteri Serpieri)
  • Burton and Cyb (Antonio Segura, Jose Ortiz)
  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Alan Moore, Kevin O’Neill)

Everything from Moebius and Jodorovsky, especially:

• The Technopriests
  • The Metabarons
  • The Incal
  • Megalex

And if you desperately need something american you can read Lobo. Spawn is also pretty good for something this close to the Marvel.

1 Like