Manjaro libraries problem: libssl.so.1.0.0

Hi, after using Ubuntu and Fedora I’m trying Manjaro on my Thinkpad X220, I’m pretty happy with the distro so far but I can’t solve the following “error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”
I installed openssl but nothing, any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

I think you start by dumping the shared library cache with ldconfig:

user@host:~$ldconfig -p | grep libssl

to show what versions of libssl your dynamic loader is currently aware.

What you will probably get is something like:

user@host:~$ldconfig -p | grep libssl
    libssl.so.1.1 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.1
    libssl.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so

Where libssl.so is a link to libssl.so.1.1. You can then list the contents of whatever directory those files are stored in to see if you actually have the 1.0.0 version of the library:

user@host:~$ls -l /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ | grep ssl

If the 1.0.0 library is there, you can probably just rebuild the cache:

root@host:~#ldconfig -X

If you don’t have anything about openssl listed from ldconfig -p, then openssl probably installed itself to a directory that the loader is not searching by default, like /usr/local/lib. In which case you can add that path to the search locations by adding that path to /etc/ld.so.conf and then reload the cache. Or you could run your program by appending LD_LIBRARY_PATH=(path to openssl install lib) to command that you are running:

user@host:~$LD_LIBRARY_PATH=(path to openssl install lib) (your command)

What program are you trying to run?

Thanks for the deep reply, I was trying to run AM2R and I solved the problem thanks to the manjaro forum (i basically downloaded another version of the game that was optimized for manjaro by the community) but your answer is still helpful since I’m interested in understanding how the libraries work in linux/arch :slight_smile: