Making your stomach able to handle spicy foods better?

So there’s this instant noodle from Korea that i love, Paldo Teumsae.

Problem is… It’s almost intoxicating how much i can’t QUIT eating it. NOW… don’t get it twisted… i don’t eat this stuff all the time. Actually, i eat less than one pack a day. Why would i mention it’s hard to stop eating, you might ask? Well… because i err… Err. I sort of… punish my toilet after eating it. It seems to be fine if i give myself a good buffer of time in between each pack. I’m talking like… 4 days or so at the LEAST. But if i overindulge and eat a pack 2 days in a row, back-to-back, then i’m paying for it… Having an intolerance for a certain food is one thing. I understand it. Being allergic to something makes sense. You avoid it. The problem here is, i love this stuff… but my stomach doesn’t. Can i do anything to help prepare for such intense spiciness? Eating some bread before/during eating some Paldo Ramyun? Drinking a decent amount of water?

Or should i just bite the bullet, HTFU and simply stop eating it altogether? I still have 4 packs of x5 of these, though…

-_-

Dunno. Drink milk?

Urgh…

Your body will adapt, it just takes time, and pain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been eating it for 3 years now? And Shin Ramyun for longer. I mean, if that’s not enough, then idk what is. And i really don’t wanna destroy my anus for the sake of eating these damn things. I just don’t know how other people are FINE after eating it. DA PHUQ, BIOLOGY?!

Do Korean people have stomachs of steel?

1 Like

Have you tried just adding a “go to” spice to regular ramen
My fav is ancho chile powder, allot of chili flavor with massive heat

According to the Vietnamese, who add the poison sacs from snakes to adult beverages for fun, nope.
Everybody else…heck yea :slight_smile:

Another option is a few slices of bread

1 Like

TUMS?

But to be honest if your body is rejecting something, it maybe best to lay off of it.

Mostly adding black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper to other things that you eat and keeping well hydrated. You don’t really need to eat really spicy food to get your G.I. tract used to it. Also tums usually just neutralizes most the acids that are breaking down the capsaicin and make it even hotter in the end… And now off to go make ramen with cilantro and ultra death sauce. Also, usually harder to get used to eating a lot of garlic than eating really spicy foods. And this seems to want me to change ramen to amen.

p.s. The Game.

Also acidophilus tablets would probably help.

Capsaicin is not digested so if you ingest too much you’re going to feel the same “burn” like if you’re eating it so no, you can’t get used to it. If your stomach can’t tolerate the amount you’d like to have you’re done, nothing to do about it. Also I think you should stop eating those kind of things completly because, usually, are filled with monosodium glutamate that’s pretty bad for health. Just buy plain noodles and make condiment for it at home with better quality ingredients.

If you have to use TUMS or similar for beyond what it says on the box then you have a health issue or just an intolerance to this product. I can say that for a few years now my stomach is at the point where it can’t handle so many things it used to. Do I go to the doctor to find out what is wrong? No. Don’t do what I do as it could be something serious and also they may be able to help and get you back to eating what you like to eat. Anyway …

“If it hurts, don’t do it” -every doctor ever.

2 Likes

Have you tried liquid cooling?
I recommend at least a 140 mm radiator per component

3 Likes

To eat spicier and spicier foods you need to regularly eat spicy foods and over time your body will adjust. Simple as that.

I can’t handle spicy foods at all. Fucking bell peppers are hot to me.

Activated Charcoal in pill form, is amazing for upset stomach etc. Not to expensive aswell

Personally use it to counter throwing up

Maybe you should cut back and only eat it once a week or every two weeks or once a month. They are instant noodles, after all, and instant noodles aren’t good for you.

Why yes, yes they do.

Seriously? But bell peppers don’t produce capsaicin.

https://examine.com/supplements/capsaicin/?PageSpeed=noscript#summary2-0

1 Like

Being able to digest and describing the metabolic path of capsaicin are two different things. The capsaicin have to get to the liver to be metabolized but, for what I know, there’s no active measure from the body that takes it to the liver, it’s passive absorption as food goes through the intestin.

My ass happens to be a proprietary socket developed in collaboration with Toshiba and IBM; 491181851. I don’t think a 140mil rad will fit. I’ll talk to them about cooling options.

@HK-47

Like i said, i’ll usually eat them in a 4-5 day interval.

@Dynamic_Gravity

The worst part about this stuff? The vegetable packet comes with dehydrated spicy peppers, too!

@MetalizeYourBrain

That’s the part i don’t understand. I usually just eat the noodles while letting them sit in the broth. The noodles are still insanely spicy because of the broth. But… drinking the broth would be overkill. I’m sure it will cause spontaneous combustion of the anus of the person that’s consuming it.

Seriously, though, folks. Paldo Teumsae. Try this stuff if you get the chance. If you see it in the store. Just buy a pack and give it a go. You’ll ask how they can sell something like this. And the funniest part is, in Korea, they’ve developed several more SPICIER Ramyuns. I think that’s a little absurd at that point. Teumsae should be the spiciest. And past that level of spice, i really don’t think it’s smart of food companies to do so.