Macbook Pro M1 KVM with 2x Odyseey CRG9 120hr

I have a macbrook pro m1, linux professional by trade in the HPC space. My work machine is also an M1 pro.

At home I have 2x CRG9 displays running full resolution 120hr (no HDR or variable refresh rate).

I am looking at the KVMs to make it easy to swap back and forth in a WFH setup.

Would the regular 2 system twin monitor 1.4 setup work? I currently use 2 DP cables and 2 ports on the mac. They are close by so I can use the very short cables from the machines to the KVM.

Also is it ok to use the USB power version? Or should I stick to the standard version? This would mostly reduce cable clutter. I have used smaller Dell monitors at work that provide Power + Video and it’s nice and clean but they are not the same resolution and no KVM in play.

Thanks,

standard version as that monitor is picky. otherwise it works fine

Great Thanks!

I’ll try that and get some short high quality cables to minimize the run, and then also figure out what I’m going to do about keyboard and mouse both are Bluetooth and direct.

Mouse is logitec, I guess I can switch to the dongle on my powered USB hub, so it siwthces (and not have to use the switch on the mouse it’s self) keyboard is an apple, probably time to swap out.