Mac OS 10.14 mojave beta stuck installing

Trying to use playonmac but it gets stuck installing xquartz, I have enabled in the security settings to install programs from any source. It also gets stuck with the porting kit application when creating wine prefix. I am convinced it is a security thing preventing these from being installed but don’t know what else to try.

looks like they’ve changed the install reqs/headers for homebrew, which might have something to do with it

run playonmac verbose from bash and see what it spits out when the install hangs

you may just want to stick with stock wine till mojave is out of beta

How would I go about doing that, I very rarely use my Mac.

by installing a 3rd party wrapper like winebottler, or using homebrew

Using wine bottler I get the cannot create wine prefix error.

###BOTTLING### Create .app…
###BOTTLING### Enabling CoreAudio, Colors, Antialiasing and flat menus…
wine: created the configuration directory ‘/Applications/WIndows Steam/Steam.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix’
err:module:DelayLoadFailureHook failed to delay load user32.dll.CreateDialogParamW
wine: Call from 0x7b42ffec to unimplemented function user32.dll.CreateDialogParamW, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function user32.dll.CreateDialogParamW called at address 0x7b42ffec (thread 000b), starting debugger…
###BOTTLING### Sandboxing…
Task returned with status 1.

so look up mojave specific instructions on installing homebrew (involves beta xcode branch) and install wine/playonmac from there.

This is what happens on beta OSX outside sanctioned apps

Cheers, managed to get it all installed, but it gets stuck on please wait while virtual drive is being created. This is on playonmac, I have two wine preloaders in my dock but they are not visible on my desktop.

not familiar enough with the differences between the base system and the beta to help you past that, sorry. You might just want to downgrade

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. So it will install fine on high sierra, I want to know because i’m trying to convince my friend to install playonmac on his system, I wanted to test it beforehand.

it works, sometimes.