Mac gaming problems

Not sure if this is the right formum, apologies if it should be somewhere else.

I have Mac Book air provided by my job. I normally play on my PC because I am not a Mac fan at all.

I'm heading home for Christmas which means leaving my ancient PC at home and in order get some sort of gaming fix I will have to play on the Mac.

When launching a Mac compatible game from Steam, it opens and closes straight away.

When launching directly from the executable I get a crash report. I've searched the web to try and make sense of the report. Best I got so far was courrupt memory or corrupt hard drive (adobe formum for photoshop with the same error message). Ran the memory tests and hard drive scan & repair but no affect.

I don't really have an option to format the Mac as its not actually mine.

I have uninstalled Steam, downloaded it again, uninstalled the games and reinstalled.

It will not ruin my Christmas but certainly would make it better if anyone knew how to fix this.

Here's the error message I get when running some games from Steam, exmple below is from The Witcher - Enhanced edition

Mac OS X 10.7.5
1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Process: WineskinLauncher [1067]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/The Witcher.app/Contents/MacOS/WineskinLauncher
Identifier: 105019737421085468.wineskin.prefs
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [139]

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000008fe00010

VM Regions Near 0x1a84d53b:

MALLOC_SMALL 0000000000800000-0000000001000000 [ 8192K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV
-->
__TEXT 000000008fe04000-000000008fe37000 [ 204K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /usr/lib/dyld

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated (other then throw the Mac away)

Dave

Sometimes company's like to load a bunch of software onto the computers they provide for their employees it more than likley has a program on it that you cant delete that stops it from playing games and limits you to like ms office. 

Other than running a virtual machine it really wont work but try it and go from there 

Hope it helped! 

I've managed to get one Steam game up and running but its an old one that is not graphic intesive at all.

The company I work for are pretty open about what we put on the machines and not that restrictive. Might just have to ask for a re-image when I get back.