M.2 Drive advice

Hi, Im looking to get a M.2 drive. Can anyone with experience tell, which one of these would be best
for Longevity use (PC on 24/7)

1) Adata AGAMMIXS11-480GT-C XPG Gammix S11 480GB M.2 (2280)
2) Corsair CSSD-F480GBMP510 Force Series MP510 480GB M.2 (2280)
3) Mushkin MKNSSDPL500GB-D8 Pilot 500GB 3D TLC NVMe M.2 (2280)

Thx, spiZ

Use case being?
Is it just a boot drive and software, or is it going to have games and stuff?
Cause for purely boot drive with some software on you will not notice any difference between those drives.

The thing with SSDs is, that writing on them is wearing them out… So for boot and software - you should be fine with any of them…
I will just say if you go with adata - check the 8200 and 8200pro… They have some pretty good reviews.

thx for reply, yea it will be the boot drive, will be using 2.5 SSD’s for my games…

Adata & Corsair have 5 year warranty
and Mushkin 3 so it’ll lose on this one
and then I would just compare benchmarks between these two and take the one which shows better gaming loads

Been using 500gb m.2 for OS, programs, and games, while having couple 250gb 2.5’s for stuff including software caches

and from the looks of it I’m going to need larger D stuff drive, and then allocate these two as caches

Just look at warranty an pay for what you can afford Intel optain or Samsung pro drives will be the longest lasting

thx all for the help/info - decided to go with the bit more expensive samsung 970evo, good reviews and seems to have the best performance…

1 Like