LVL1 Fitness thread reboot

Ok, so it was mostly zone 2.

I had to back off in a few places when I strayed into zone 3, and I sprinted the last two minutes.

:yay:

2 Likes

Didn’t work out last week. Saturday (the 17th) had a good workout, no problems. Afterward my left knee started hurting when standing up or sitting down, no pain otherwise. It continued to bother me through Wednesday so I took the week off.

I plan to start back this afternoon & see how it goes. :pray:

1 Like

grumblegrumble14thgrumblegrumble

2 Likes

How are Wednesdays for you? The only 14th so far on Wednesday was June 14th. 2 Saturdays, 2 Tuesdays & a Friday otherwise.

Knee is holding up well this week. New squat PR of 310 lbs on Friday.

Monday:

Wednesday:

Friday:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the deal was on the 14th. I might have just got sucked into work early or something, and not been able to get back to it later in the day.

2 Likes

After having used it this weekend I gotta say the home gym pc is pretty nifty.

2 Likes

I must have tweaked something in my bicep yesterday. :thinking:

That probably means I should do more yoga and less weights today, but I did increase my dead hang time, so that’s good.

2 Likes

After a few yoga only days I went back to the usual routine this morning. :metal:

I didn’t turn on the tracker until the last half or so of the workout. It’s still not great at auto-detecting things.

2 Likes

Muay Thai was good yesterday - either two weeks off reduced shin conditioning and thus this happened, or its having gotten some additional hip flexibility adding good power.

Even the left got some bruising so i guess my switch kit is getting better.

2 Likes

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Friday:

1 Like

Monday

Wednesday

Friday

2 Likes

30 minutes on the bike, then a quick kettlebell circuit… which I forgot to start the tracker on… again.

The tracker put me right on the border between zone 2 and 3 for most of the ride, but I was nose-breathing the whole time, so I’m calling it zone 2.

2 Likes

This mornings workout. The graph is a little wonky, because I forgot to start it(again), and it didn’t auto detect until about half way through.

2 Likes

Not being a Goggins this week, not carrying the boat.

At a tech conference with lots of free booze, im not going to workout this whole week, is what it is. But I’ll be back at it next week.

2 Likes

Did another quick bike ride this morning. I didn’t try to stay within what the tracker called zone 2, but I was still nose-breathing the whole time, so I’m calling that good.

Also made an addition to the bike.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/post-what-new-thing-you-acquired-recently/149881/17573?u=redocbew

I’m not one of those people who’s on the phone all the time during exercise, but it’s nice to have a hands-free way to manipulate timers or something.

2 Likes

I don’t usually exercise in the afternoon, but today I decided to sneak in some strength training before dinner.

2 Likes

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Got too big for my britches Wednesday and couldn’t straighten my arms Thursday or Friday (power cleans). Combine that with waking up w/ sore throat / stuffy nose Thursday and that ends my workout week :melting_face: I’m a dirty mouth breather until further notice…

1 Like

Over one week off- no lifting, jogging, not even stretching.

Dusting off with a Muay Thai class- this is going to suck

2 Likes

Had a partner I hadn’t had for a good few months, we had teeps that day and he said i had gotten more flexible. I was stoked. My right side definitely felt better, approaching being able to do a teep to the face.

And now this just arrived to go along with a vid on YouTube

Hella infomercial vibes (dude in vid is the dude pictured on the box) but im buying into the need to be able to hold a static stretch for a long duration to get better results.

Vid in question:

2 Likes

Hip mobility is def important. Anyone who’s had sciatica knows how much it can suck when things in that area seize up.

2 Likes