Lubuntu - HP Pavilion x2 Detachable PC 10 (tablet) sound issue

It would likely be wise to migrate there or back to the 18.04 LTS with less than 3 months support left on 18.10. I installed Lubuntu 19.04 on a spare PC but haven’t had the chance to see what all has been fixed.

1 Like

18.04 for long term stability

19.04 for just make it work

1 Like

Ill install 19.04 and see what happens

1 Like

Wish I could help but don’t know enough about these kinds of problems, I am interested to see where it goes, though

2 Likes

I have added a new update in my original post, TLDR: blutooth audio works now but still no internal sound or wifi. But i am happy just to be able to listen to music and watch Level1News.

1 Like

I have another update, if anyone wishes to read it please take a look at my original post. I believe, though not perfect I have arrived at a happy medium between convience and usability with the HP tablet. Thanks again to all who responded, I guess we can mark this as resolved though the solution was not perfect.

1 Like

You have learned how to troubleshoot - you have reached level 1! ‘Padum-tss’

Some hardware just isn’t all too linux-friendly.

1 Like

I followed your instructions and built and installed the rpm files but i ran into issues with getting gnome-control-center to run, it may be a issue with Lubuntu using a differnt UI shell then Gnome. The install was successful after --force-all and overwriting the existing files. After the install though the HDMI audio was intermittingly fading in and out. I didnt get the mic or speakers to work though I but since the audio was not working i didnt add those quirks to the kernal command line. Let me know if i should add those quirks just for the heck of it.

Well you should not have built rpms on Ubuntu those were for fedora and red hat based distros unless your saying you built the software for Ubuntu and just confused some wording?

You could add those to the kernel command line to see if the built in Ubuntu packages handle it

Yes I built them into .deb package using alien and installed using dkpg. I will let you know if anything happens with messing around with those quirks.

Excellent. The dependencies should have all been taken care of if it was done correctly.

Yeah throw those in. Its mainly the controller that has weird issues :slight_smile:

Hi there
Thanks for your post.
I could fix the audio issue on Fedora 33: bugzille id=1896924 (somehow I am not allowed to post links, so just go to the bugzilla website and use the id i meantioned).
Maybe the same quirk can be applied on Ubuntu? I have no idea, since I have no idea about any of this. But maybe, if you are still looking for a solution, there would be one for Fedora.
Cheers

1 Like