LT1 1.4DP KVM Screen flickering/blank over 4k 60hz

Hello LT1 forums,
Looks for some help with my LT1 1.4DP KVM. When trying to do anything above 4k 60hz through the KVM I get tons of screen flickering/tearing and blanking. Basically it’s not usable.
GPU:1080ti with 1.4DP firmware update
Monitor: LG 27GP950-B.AUS
Cables are less DP1.4 at 3 feet/1 meter in length

direction connection of GPU → Monitor VIA DP1.4 or HDMI2.0 results in flawless performance of 4k 120hz.

Hoping for some help

its very likely your cables. That particular LG is really picky, too. If you have an OSD option to turn off power save or deep sleep that will help too.

What you must understand is that the kvm establishes one long signal corridor. It doesn’t recondition the signal.

So cable 1 + cable 2 may very well be below the cable standard. Historically this hasn’t been much of a problem but I guess the quality of copper cabling now is just awful.

Check out the kvm faq thread here, and/or pick up some FIBBR brand fiber optic displayport cables (6.56f), and that’ll probably fix you up.

this is the firmware update you are referring to? There was a botched one that came out for about 6 months then this oone came later.
Note it says updated 9**/2021** which seems weird for a 10 series card wink wink nudge nudge

Thanks for the quick response @wendell. I’ll go ahead and order those cables. I can also switch off deep sleep and power saver via the OSD.

As far as the Nvidia firmware update. Prior to applying this I couldn’t get this monitor and GPU to work at 4k 120hz via DP1.4. After the firmware update I can do 4k 120hz via DP1.4

1 Like

Following up. Got the FIBBR cables yesterday. Problem solved! Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.