Lotoo paw 5000 vs Fiio X5 2nd Gen

I'm looking for audio player that will produce a rich sound but I know next to nothing about audio devices so I thought I would ask. I'm stuck between these two. If there are any audio experts which one would you recommend?

• I want something that can play FLAC files and produce better sound quality then your regular 30£ mp3 player.

• I hate touch screen controls. Prefer physical buttons much more.

• I don't care about Wifi, bluetooth, or shitty android apps that spy on me.

• It needs to have expandable storage (SD cards). God forbid that someone makes mp3 player with more than 64GB of built-in storage. Seriously what's up with that?

• Drag and Drop functionality is a must. No DRM please.

The iPod Classic was excellent player because it had actual hard-disk inside it ranging from 80 to 360GB of space. The only reason I didn't buy it was because you are bound to use iTunes for transferring music. Which is a cancer.

Hi! Read this thread I made half a year ago, you might end up thinking twice about ditching the iPod Classic as an option.

If you want to reproduce FLAC you are bound to use the Rockbox software inside your iPod, everything is explained there. The good thing is that you no longer need to use iTunes, besides for restoring the iPod once after you installed the iFlash and the SD cards/SSD. I'd recommend you stick to SD instead of SSDs.

edit: The best sounding iPod ever is the iPod Classic 5 or the iPod Classic Video (5.5gen), I'm sure you can find one of those for cheap in a pawn shop or something like that, paid 30 bucks for mine + 40 for the iFlash + metal sprudgers and 70 for two 128GBs SD cards that I bought used here.

for FLAC on normal mp3 devices:

https://www.rockbox.org/

those players are pretty expensive, and support a lot of features that aren't really useful, and break down to marketing wank. here's a good explanation of what features actually matter in digital audio:

something like:

or

with an sdhc card will meet your needs equally well.

"Hi-res" and extreme bit-depth audio is placebo at best and can make audio worse in some cases. No need for either unless you're recording, editing and doing heavy DSP. Save your money.

I read it. But dude that's effort. And I could make a mistake and break the device. I could probably do it if I really wanted to but I don't think it's worth it. I appreciate the handyman here however I have enough money saved so buying the Fiio will not make me starve.

And it appears that you still have problems with your SD card not being supported.

Oh shit, I haven't updated that yet whaaaaaat.

I recieved my SD cards that I bought here, all I had to do is put them in the iFlash, the iFlash on the iPod and do the AOMEI part and restore.