Lost drive after deleting StoreMI tier, what can I do?

Alright so, I messed up. I used StoreMI to try and speed my HDD up by caching frequently used stuff onto the SSD but, after realizing that it wasn’t all that much faster, I deleted the tier StoreMI made and my HDD got formatted.

As I was deleting the tier, StoreMI did warn me that 200GB of files will be deleted but, instead, it formatted my entire HDD and now I can’t access about 2.8TB of data.

Is there any way to just re-attach the drive and get it back or, will I have to get a recovery software and get the files that way?

1. Don’t write to that disk.

2. You can use software like Recuva to recover files. If you have windows installed on another hard drive.

Best of luck.

PS. I added two tags to your post, so if you get a notification about me editing your post, that is why. I added the #helpdesk and #data-recovery tags.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the reply. I ended up using a software called RecoverIt because a friend had a license to it and I was able to get some stuff back.

Luckily the important things were backed up onto a separate drive but I did end up losing some useful things like software and overclocking logs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.