Looking To Buy Games & Game Consoles From OfferUp. Are They LEGIT?

Ever since I made my last post on the LTT forum about console-gaming, someone recommended OfferUp where I could find games & game consoles for cheaper prices. Just this morning I managed to create my account with them. However, I have never actually purchased anything from them whatsoever & haven’t really had any experience with them. I decided to try & look up some reviews. (I only checked 2 websites: SiteJabber & Trustpilot after my search results.) Both had quite a few negative/critical reviews stating that some customers have had bad experiences or may have gotten scammed, etc. Personally, I don’t know if these reviews are real, fake or just what the deal is. :man_shrugging:I did update my most recent post on the LTT forum asking about this, but I haven’t heard anything yet.

But with that being said, I want to be convinced if this site is legit or “on the up & up” as I say. I would like to hear what your thoughts are on this, if you have had any experiences with OfferUp that were questionable, etc. If not, then hopefully I should have nothing to worry about unless someone says so otherwise.

In case anyone is interested, this is my most recent forum post on the LTT forum about getting games & consoles for cheap! Link: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1194540-looking-to-buy-games-consoles-on-the-cheap-anyone-have-any-suggestions-or-recommendations/page/2/

Thanks & hope to hear back from you guys with anything that might prove to be helpful! :slight_smile:

OfferUp is like Craigslist with seller reviews.

It’s intended for local in-person BST with the ability to rate sellers.

So it’s as legit as the person selling the item. Which could mean anything, so check their ratings.

Not to worry. I even check the ratings for sellers on Ebay even though I’m not the biggest fan of Ebay. BTW, what did you mean when you said BST? Can you clarify?

BST is an acronym for Buy/Sell/Trade.

I personally use the term for just about anything you can use to buy, sell, or trade goods and services on.

Ah. I see. So I guess the most direct answer to my question/inquiry is OfferUp can be just as risky as Ebay, but likewise, it just depends on the seller(s), right?

That would be correct.

OK then. Thanks! :+1:

Sorry for reviving this topic but I just wanted to say that I didn’t have any problems with these kind apps. I am a very cautious person so I check all of the information about sellers. Just be careful!

Yes and no, Many folk are just sticking around there to sell clunky stuff. Be careful, always review a seller before frittering out your hard earned money. You may also want to look at the Offerup alternatives if looking to buy and sell stuff: DVD, Game consoles.