Looking Glass issues with desktop flashing on close & black on transparent windows

Hello! I’ve been using looking glass for a week or so now and have been loving it. The main issue I’ve had is windows that use transparent backgrounds turn black and it’s quite an annoyance. After I close looking glass, my desktop will flash black on both monitors and the issue is gone. Any assistance on what could be causing this would be great & welcome!

I’m on linux kernel 6.6.10-arch1-1, using X11 & KDE. Propriety drivers on host with a GT 1030. Any more information can be given.

Looking Glass hints to your desktop environment to disable the compositor as it causes a ton of latency. This is by design.

Thank you for the extremely quick reply! I’ve decided my best solution is just a capture card. But, until then I’ve modified the source to allow for compositing and the issue is now (from what I can tell) gone!

There is no need to modify LG, KDE has rules you can configure to disallow applications from disabling the compositor.

Ah, wish I had known this sooner but thank you anyways. I’ve mitigated a lot of the performance issues by switching over to picom with some configuring instead of KWin as the compositor.