Looking for USB-C 90* to Straight cable

Ok so I am looking for a USB-C to USB-C cable with a 90* connector on one end. Preferably 2-3ft for my external monitor on my laptop. The only one I really see is this one: https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-Braided-Macbook-Google-Aluminum/dp/B01N41JVKZ/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1498163602&sr=8-26&keywords=usb-c+cable+angle

but the one review says it doesnt work with external monitors? is that a thing? I just assumed if your laptop supported video over usb then any usbc cable would work.

Bonus points if its braided. I think I'm going to buy the above one anyways but would have liked to have a shorter one

Actually I just noticed in the description of that cable it says it uses the USB 2.0 standard... so probably why it doesnt work for monitors

You could try this, may be your best bet.
It will be USB 3.0

Bleh yeah that would be a step backwards for me. The monitor i have came with a usbc-usbc straight-straight cable that WORKS, but if the one coming out of the monitor was a 90 it would be better thats the reason I was looking for one

Still haven't found one, going to check out microcenter today and see if they have anything

Looks like you are stuck with either straight or a dongle :wink: it wouldn't look pretty, only thing I can thing of is rip the connecvtor off, solder it doan, put some shrink wrap around it.

Or find a custom cable company. It's a weird cable to find, I am sure within the next few months to a year someone will start manufacturing one though.