Looking for the right Linux

I like linux mint because it's a lot like windows and it's pretty customizable. The ubuntu terminal is also pretty easy to use.

Ps: if you have any linux questions, I'd look here:
https:// www.youtube.com/nixiedoeslinux

Thanks, I'll do that I definitely want to try Linux when I get back, for now I'm going just get Windows for my friend since he isn't the most tech savvy and thanks everyone for the information

I know but I first got introduced to linux when i had a Vista desktop as a kid and complained to my dad that it was getting slower. Him being awesome said you could try Linux (specifically Ubuntu) and that sent me down the rabbit hole that is learning about computers, and now I'm in first year computer science at university.

Same here, I start with Ubuntu first as well. I did it when I didn't have enough money for a OS after building a computer. Really got into it from that point on even more so when I acquired an old Dell Poweredge and had no Windows Server OS for it. Linux fit the bill perfectly and I learned a crapton of stuff. Still have a lot to learn, mostly networking/Linux things. I have Windows mostly down ;P