Looking for sub $250 camera, mostly for muslin backdrop photos

As the title says, I'm looking for a good camera in the $250 and under range that I can use for some "professional" level photos against a muslin backdrop. Would be nice if it was able to fit in my pocket for some outdoor shots but not really all that important, and I don't care about video recording functionality at all.

Also wondering if it'll even be worth it in the first place as I know amazing things can be done with editing photos from a half-way decent cellphone camera, but I'm also lazy lol, so if there isn't any kind of "easy-mode" editing software, then I'd rather just throw money at the screen for a good quality camera.

Do you have a plan on how to make those images?
Do you have an example of what you are trying to do?

Not sure what you mean. I just want to take pictures of my guns, tech, 3d printed creations, possibly waist up portraits of myself and others for linkedin profile. That kind of stuff.

You could just search ebay.... There are plenty of used dslr cameras that'll serve as a good starting point.

~ https://www.ebay.com/b/DSLR-Cameras/31388/bn_732?LH_ItemCondition=3000&_udhi=250

That was the plan at first but I figured it'd be best to get some recommendations from the community before I just started throwing money at the screen lol.

Well, you can use any camera really if it is just for some website stuff.
It is more down to the lens and mostly it is about lighting.

Some old olympus PEN E-P1 with adapted manual focus macro 55mm Nikon lens would make a pretty good setup for product shots from a tripod. If you don't have a lot of room you might want to go handheld and wider, something like the 20mm f/1.7. Or you could try to find a Fuji X100 for cheap but 250,- is really pushing it then.

1 Like