Looking for speakers for TV in living room

I was looking for some sort of sound system I can add to my TV in my living room. Could someone please recommend some that are around the $100-150 range?

I saw this one, but I am no expert at all when it came to speakers so I have no idea if it is good or not:
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-SB2920-C6-29-Inch-Channel-Sound/dp/B00SMBFZNG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=31z-LNZn-cL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1Y1DTR6D47EKJEBGA88V

I was looking into Vizio and Bose sound bars but as I said I don’t know which ones are really good or bad.

Thanks to anyone who helps me out

sorry, i just noticed the one I linked needs batteries to run, I am looking for one that plugs into the wall and does not need batteries

I haven't actually listened to any TV/home theatre speakers for $100, but I would bet they are a waste of money and only marginally better than the speakers that are built into the tv.

Honestly I would save your money and put it to an entry level 'proper' home theatre system (5.1 receiver and 2.0 system to a 5.1 system).

I say this because speakers are fairly straight forward as far as cost/performance goes, and, unlike PC hardware, a set of good speakers will last a lifetime so continuously upgrading sound systems can bleed a lot of money

Thanks for the reply, could you please recommend one? I'm not really looking for anything fancy, atm im using 7 year old surround sound that was $70 new when i got it