Looking for some help with some custom scripting for a Charity Live Stream event

Hello Everyone,

My wife is working with a friend of ours in Germany. He is a Youtube Personality, DocM77, and he is working with a German NGO to help Young Adults living with cancer. These people had cancer as children and have some follow on care and issues.The script would be used for a Charity Live Stream and Donations will be made through PayPal.

Essentially, here is what they are asking for:

“can you make a script that takes info from an email:
payer’s email
donation amount
Person’s name or personal message”

The intent is so that they can Give a shout out to said person(s) and sent a personal follow up email to the person donating. It should also allow them to keep track of the donations as they came in, so that they do not forget anyone.

The stream is on the 17th so they would like to test sooner than later . I have some other projects a that are due around 12th of Nov. so I will not get to it until after. I figure that some script would run on script.google.com and then you would link it to one of the APIs that the Twitch and YTLive users use to display the notifications on the screen. I have not messed with this and don’t have the time to research at this moment. I figured that I would ask here since we have some bright and talented people here.

If you would like to help with this or know someone who would be interested, please contact me, teh (dot) mastic (dot) warrior (at) gmail (dot) com.

What is the payment gateway being used? Payment gateway example: https://stripe.com/. Assuming a Google Form for donations? Can this hook in to Scripts and the payment gateway?

@dot404,

They are using PayPal to take the payments. I don’t know if they have a link setup to redirect to a prefilled web form or if they require the person to hand jam in the details at the paypal site itself (I hope not).

If you want to PM me your email, I can get you in touch with the people that know what is going on. I am simply a conduit at this point in time unfortunately.