Looking for Monitor Recommendations: PX278 vs PX329

Im debating between the two Pixio monitors PX278 and PX329 as they are the same price on Newegg but each have some nice features.

• The most obvious difference is that one is 32" and one is 27". Im currently using an HP Omen 32 (this new monitor will be for a 2nd setup) and I really like the real estate and pixel density of the 32" 1440p and Im afraid that I wont like the smaller 27" screen.

• They are both high refresh rate and freesync which is great.

• The colors and response times are better on the TN panel but I expect would be adequate on either since I will be using it for gaming and not anything that requires intense accuracy. Although the 100%+ sRGB on the PX278 does intrigue me. (I think Wendell said the PX329 was about 94%ish)

Im surprised to see that theres no posts on here about the PX278 TN panel even though there does seem to be lots of gamers here. Has no one picked it up or is there just nothing to talk about?

Im interested in your thoughts on 32 vs 27 inch 1440p and if you have any other high refresh rate monitor recommendations around the $200-$300 range.

I’ve got the PX329 and have been very happy with it. I like the size for gaming and some light office work I do. I have had no problems with the VA panel while gaming. It has an audio out port, but no speakers. I use stand alone speakers, so that wasn’t a problem for me.

2 Likes

32" 1440p = 24" 1080p pixel density.
27" 1440p < 22" 1080p pixel density.

As someone who owns 32" 1440p monitor I really enjoy it. I have a 22" 1080p right next to it. No, the large size and the large everything really makes a difference. Since you already have 32" I would not recommend going down to 27". This will literally be a downgrade.

Just get the large screen. I don’t even know why this is a debate…
I have 32" 1440p 75Hz freesync because it was cheap. No vesa, no extras, no nothing in this monitor. Why? Because the size and resolution was more important than all the other extras.

Has my vote I have two of them and they are pretty good
Somewhat old pic

1 Like

I like the roll on the left… Not afraid to show off :stuck_out_tongue:

Joke was made then too, do you people not eat at your desk ever?

Every … fokin … day…
No shaming here, I have one on my desk as well… Plus toothpicks and a salt shaker…

What were we talking about? Ah, the monitors…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.