Looking for anything that mentions Marcus Agrippa

I am hoping someone can help me out. Does anyone know anything about Marcus Agrippa, and from what books I could find some information about him. Thanks in advance.

he was a sick general. Have you seen the HBO series Rome?

I have and its a decent show, however, I was hoping to find a couple of decent reads and something I could use for a class I have coming up. But thanks anyway.

any history book that deals with Augustus should mention him.
Half-assed google search brought up this book that is going to be dedicated to him. . comes out in a week

Yeah I have that one on pre-order already. The problem I am having is any information about Agrippa is all within books or article about Augustus and nothing really centered around Agrippa himself.

Thanks anyway.

you've probably seen this site already here a link
http://www.ancientworlds.net/aw/Journals/Journal/1050982

But it seems like not much was written about Agrippa. Think about it though, Augustus took out anyone he considered a threat to his power. Agrippa was a very powerful man, and could have been a grand opponent. Think of it like this, if you're Agrippa and Caesar is always looking over his shoulders, you probably wouldn't have wanted to commission a biography haha

Well to be honest, Augustus really wouldn't have been emperor if it wasn't for Agrippa. If I'm not mistaken it was Agrippa that did all of the fighting and actually led the armies of Augustus. Record holds that Augustus seem to always end up sick or have some kind of aliment when ever a battle would happen or when fighting broke out, and he left all of the actually commanding of the armies to Agrippa. Not to mention that Agrippa was a childhood friend of Augustus and was widely trusted by Augustus. So I don't think either had to much to worry about when it came to back stabbing or a power struggle. But we could be more certain of that if there was more written evidence about Agrippa hahaha.

lol yea, but hey everyone back stabbed each other during that period. Just look at Julius Caesar and Brutus haha
Heck even Marc Anthony was "abandoned" during the battle of actium by the "love" of his life

hahaha just to name a few instances right. Looking back at Rome it is surprising that it lasted as long as it did. If not for a few decent Caesars during the reign of the "5 good Caesars" then it may have very well collapsed long before it did.

haha. yupp. good luck on that paper! and be sure to make a thread talking about anything interesting you find out

Yeah I will post about things I find. Thanks for the help.