Looking for a server case

im looking for a server case that i could put into a communications rack where all my networking equipment is. i did a bit of a search but it looks like most server running ebay are just old server cases mostly super micro but i dont have enough knowledge of them to know if i could use them, not sure if they will fit a EATX mobo or if i need to use the server mobos in there to use the hard drives control planes, any guidance here would be appreciated.

i would like to reuse all the components i already have.

EATX mobo
ATX PSU
10 iron wolf hard drives (maybe a bit of room to expand)
2 nvidia 1660

would be nice if i could avoid breaking the bank on the case.

Have used this Rosewill case for a hot minute. It has been good to me, if a bit large. Rosewill has a few iterations of this case, so if this one doesn’t work there may be a model that does.

I tend to buy Norco short depth cases basically no manual on anything in/on the case but the quality (other then rails) is great. I stay away from rosewill from their cases having a issue lining up with the rack mounting holes or blocking just enough that above or below has to me a half u up or down away from the rosewill chassis

I use Norco rpc-430/431/432 cases alot cause they fit in network racks and can support eatx (430 has th esier time but short gpu and the 432 has user images on Amazon and it looks good)

Supports eeb and ceb mobos so should be ok

2 Likes

In a 400mm case - difficult. You will need a 600mm case, 3U, to fit that hardware. If you have a full size rack then this is doable. There are some good Chenbro cases that meet your tech specs (I use a Rm31212b) at a good price, but they are 600mm cases.

If you are limited to a short depth comms rack, consider separating the server from the disks. A disk shelf with SAS expanders gives you a lot of flex.

Rosewill RSV-L4500 or L4412 are my recommendations

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.