Looking for a rattle free blue led 120 fan + also need a better PSU

So I have two blue led af120 fans (should have gone for SP) and unfortunately at a low rpm, I get rattling. The PWM frequency is high enough that I avoid that annoying coil whine, but the rattling is annoying. At high enough speed, it goes away, but that just trades one noise for another. Any recomendations? Also any reasonably priced PSU recommended that are silent and produces minimal to no noise. My system is an itx motherboard, 8 fans, 1 pump, with a max of 4 drives (ssd form factor), an i7 (3rd gen for now) and needs enough power for 2 8-pin pwr for GPU. The PSU is in a part of the case with no outward facing side (vents and pulls from the case).

These have been working for me 3 years. A month ago it started rattling and a drop of oil fixed it.

So the AF version of those are the ones (corsair) that are rattling with me. Is there something with the static pressure version that allows it not to rattle?

I have a big cougar bias. Maybe ? Not the best but not the worst either. I do not care for corsair fans as they seem to degrade quickly.

1 Like

I believe Asiahorse SOLAR ECLIPSE-Ultra Quiet Bearing 120, Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition or Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 might do the trick. with the first option, the color in LEDs can vary depending upon your choice. you might wanna google your options.

IDK?
If you want good fans, don't worry about the LED's and buy separate lighting.
These be quiet! Silent Wings are amazing fans. Way better than my Noctua fans. They better be at those prices.
I tuned all of my other fans (2 Corsair 120mm - top lights and 140 Noctua - bottom) to min-spin and the 3 Silent Wings are near max and I can't hear them at all.

I have had good luck with Cougar gear. Consider @Freaksmacker's recommendation.

I have a cpu cooler with those be quiet fans. Good at low speeds, Really low speeds but once you have to ramp them. They turn into to muh

the latest level1techs was fun :slight_smile: Fans are always kind of a crap shoot. Find a brand that does the job that you can live with ? Some people replace fans every year. People such as myself , runs stuff into the ground.

1 Like