Looking for a decent 2-in-1

Hello, I am looking for a 2-in-1 laptop to upgrade to from my Fujitsu LIFEBOOK U9310.
I am going to use it for university and development.
The requirements are the following:

• the price is no more than 1,800$.
  • from 13" to 14" display size
  • weights less than 1,5 kg
  • stylus included
  • similar in terms of I/O to my current Fujitsu (2 USB type-A, 2 Thunderbolt 3, HDMI, Ethernet)
  • at least 16 GB of RAM
  • at least 512 GB SSD

It would also be good to have an Ethernet port and WWAN.
Currently I am looking at Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Yoga and X1 Yoga, but they both don’t have Ethernet, so maybe there is some other choice?

Thanks in advance.

Ethernet is going to be hard to find these days, especially in a 2-in-1. WWAN might be easier, specifically in a 2-in-1, due to it’s use case.

I think your pick of the X13 Yoga is probably the closest you’re going to come to all your wishlist items.

Thunderbolt/USB C ethernet adapters are pretty reliable these days, so I wouldn’t count that out.

I have been using the TP-Link UE300C for USB C to Ethernet on my work laptop for about a year now without any issues. They can be had for ~$20 on Amazon.

2 Likes

Yeah, sadly Ethernet is a tall order these days. I’ve seen Dell and Acer do the floppy bottom Ethernet port thing on thin machines on previous generations, but latest Acer Spin and Dell Lattitude don’t have any. And XPS 2-in-1 is now a Surface style god damn tablet.

Given that you have Fujitsu I’m going to guess you’re in EU? (This matters due to availability)

Consumer models are going to be a huge downgrade (and especially Acer and Dell mentioned here) from your Fujitsu in terms of reliability, durability and build quality.

That’s probably true, I do go for a ThinkPad T series even if I need to compromise a little on IO or looks. I’m on my third one in 15 years. First one still works, second died on me, third one is working fine since 2017.

I know that it is hard to find it. The only 2-in-1 laptop I found, while looking for a one with Ethernet, was a newer model of my Fujitsu. But the price starts at 2000€, so it doesn’t suit me.
Most likely, I will go with X13 Yoga. But I will also try to find a good deal for that Fujitsu, since the upgrade can wait till the middle of January.

Yes, I am in EU. Dell is a no-go for me, since I had bad experience with their laptops.
I haven’t had any experience with Acer laptops yet, so I might as well try to look into them, but as I heard, they are less reliable than Lenovo.

Keep going with Fujitsu?

Anything from this list:

1 Like

Asus expertbook B5 flip is the closest thing i could find.
Not sure If you care for Linux support.

1 Like