Looking for a comfy office chair

My wheel on my chair has broken after 5 years of owning it and I’m in search of a new chair.

I wanted to see what y’all recommend for sturdy, reasonably priced office chairs.

Requirements:

1. Support a heavy weight (350~ pounds)
  2. Long sitting sessions without ass fatigue.
  3. No flashy “gamer” chairs please
  4. Reputable, ship from online store to home. :smiley:

Y don’t you just replace the wheels of your old chair?
I mean if the chair is fine and the wheels are the only thing wrong with it…

The whole wheel snapped off and isn’t fixable unfortunately.

With a bit of unreasonable force, you can get the wheels off.
Unless you can get the same ones, you would want to replace them all.

There was a recent thread about a similar topic. In that thread the price point was ~$350.00?

got a link?

sorry, can’t find. The search button turns up a bunch…

https://forum.level1techs.com/c/hardware/other-hardware

Scroll down to " office chair recommendations"

breakage of wheel from the chair is real pain in the ass… As the fuzzing sound it creates when the steel and floor scratch together…

buying a new office chair which should be comfortable and breathable that can be used for longer hours, is really a tough job to do it.

The top notch qualities I look for, are as follows:

• Adjustable
  • headrest must be available
  • comfort for longer work hours
  • affordable
  • supports a heavy weight too upto 400 lbs
  • and material it is made up of

Boss Caressoft Plus is a good option for you… which can bear your weight, which you can buy in your budget, and it’s long lasting material will never disappoint you… you can consider this office chair which is under 400 dollars

if you have any further query regarding this chair, you can ask

What I can suggest after trying them personally:

• Herman Miller Aeron
  • Herman Miller Embody
  • Steelcase Gesture
  • Steelcase Leap v2

I bought the two HM chairs; 10 year, comprehensive warranty + very well made materials and engineering + looks pretty sexy :slight_smile:

Be prepared to spend $1500-2000 though; I think the Steelcase options are more a $1000-1300 cost

You can go to this channel for more comprehensive reviews and more options:
Ahnestly - YouTube

I don’t know if you bought another chair already, but I just bought a Tempur-Pedic chair myself (the cushion is their memory foam).
Pretty comfy and held up well, but it hasn’t been that long yet. I am concerned that the memory foam will wear down, however, I have a memory foam bed that is 4 years strong with no issues so it may hold up. I did purchase the 3-year warranty with the chair from staples and they assured me if I have any issues with the chair, I can use that warranty to get my money back (in-store credit) to get another chair. So, if it only lasts me 2-3 years, I got my money’s worth and I can go pick out another chair.

I have bought an office chair recently. I work for near about 10 hours every day. With this new chair, I feel very comfortable. I can suggest to you some key points that helped me to get the best chair for office use:

• Ergonomic Design
  • Adjustable Armrests
  • Quality Material

This will help you find the best chair for yourself. Ergonomic design provides firm support to your back. More adjustable options will give you the freedom to align the chair according to your body height and working style.

After a quite long struggle I finally found SOMETHING, which costs every god damn penny (and even the universal elements around those pennies) - Buy an ergonomic office chair Kulik System BUSINESS

All I can say that if can get a grip on one of these, you will most likely never regret it. I am a tall and wide person, and I was looking for an everyday chair (and my back was killing me). This one is a masterpiece (it has a stiff back with additional support for the spine… and it actually makes a difference). I don’t know about HM, but I have a strong belief that this would still be better. But you do need to see in it - they have a series of chairs, and they differ not only in “looks”.