Look what.. Look what you just made me do <OH..!>

My dust situation is pretty bad overall so I anyways ‘spring’ clean ALL-the-things in my den every week or so. Head to 0:50 to see the sort of dust in my current Air 540 6850K rig

1 Like

It has its pro and cons. EK was working on aluminum based kits, those would be a cost efficient choice.

That is not a water cooling case. Just sayin. You would have to pull the Thermaltake W100 out of my cold dead hands. It is versatile and capable of anything.

Cooling yes. But there are so many other advantages. Maintenance, upgrading, repair and longevity just to name a few.

1 Like

I’m a simple man, I see ECC, I press like. :+1:

2 Likes

Hahah :grin: That should go on a L1 tee-shirt.

@wendell ^^

4 Likes

I wouldn’t object to that :wink:

3 Likes

Interesting point there mate - so I’ve spent $1,399.78 before shipping for the 1950X + Zenith Extreme (over the top) mobo combo.

BUT, if you consider that I’m ~$200 over the $1,200 (max) sensible-budget you’ve imposed AND consider that it has a 10G NIC included… well, that covers the cost of a separate 10G NIC purchase, i.e. 1950X + cheaper mobo + 10G NIC will probably run you $1,400/-

Only downside is if you wanted SFP 10G NIC card, then yea, you won’t be able to justify the same cost. I plan to go 10G early next year, so it works out for me.

Disregarded. Water cooling support, M.2 solution and 10GB Nic included made it a no brainier for me. Fan Xpert is a little buggy but has great features. A couple of bug fixes and I will love that software. Also through ROG community you have access to Beta BIOS versions. I have been on 0801 for a month before they even released 0701. I had a good experience with Asus support. It also matches my Claymore (coming soon) and my Spatha… haha.

2 Likes

Aluminum hard lines?

Other boards -300$
Asus - 500+$…
Well… If you really die for 10G nic then more power to you, go ahead…

1 Like

Not to my knowledge, soft tube but aluminium blocks and rads. But I honestly don’t follow as I am already obligated to copper so I cannot go with aluminum. However aluminum is far cheaper to make, so all parts should be considerably cheaper.

1 Like

That will be nice. I’d love to see an all-aluminum loop.

Well that is not exactly a fair comparison. ASRock is always a cheaper board and Gigabyte has not released a flagship version of X399. ASRock X399 does not have the CPU power delivery anything close to the Zenith. There is no board out there than can match all of Zenith’s features. Granted if you will not use them then of course they are a waste of money, but for $2.00, ya I would spend the extra two bucks.

Also what pricing are you looking at? newegg.com says differently. Asus Zenith $442.00, ASRock Pro Gaming $440.00, Gigabyte Gaming 7 $390.

So this $200.00 difference is BS.

Not sure where you’re seeing the $442. Shows $519 for me.

EDIT: Derp… open box is $442.

1 Like

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#xcx=0&s=36

1 Like

Ya, I was goating him for fun because of the hate. Asus Extreme price will drop as soon as promo for Assassins Creed is removed. It still is not $200.00.

2 Likes

Not sure why they keep tacking these stupid promos on… :confused:

3 Likes

Cause we only buy PCs for RGB & Gaming :stuck_out_tongue: Coding, productivity, compiling… those tasks don’t really exist.

4 Likes

So actually $84.00 more than its only competitor is not $200.00

It also comes with Assassin’s Creed. So take another $60.00 off and what? 20 bucks.

Well my point was at least for my use-case I am preparing for 10G, so that difference isn’t much when the cost of a separate NIC is factored in. Other things that I like on the Zenith X399

• Seems it is QVL to crazy high 3,600MHz RAM (lol_WUT…!) // Not sure if I’d push it beyond 3,200MT/s but like a ferrari I have the option of doing 200mph in a 10mph school-lane.
  • The DIMM.2 riser is nice I guess, it means swapping out M.2s would be easier; I plan to run 2x 960 Pro sticks
  • The ROG branding looks nice, their RGB implementation is pretty sick - Yes, I admit, not important functionally, but hey this RGB craze is growing on me… My favourite settings are ‘All white + breathing, heart-beat style’ and …‘off’. :grin:
  • Potentially better MOSFETs/Caps that will last at least 5-years?
  • USB 3.1 C-header back of mobo
  • Asus’s BIOS flashing features/options are pretty nice, I must admit.
  • Asus UEFI aesthetics/design/organisation doesn’t make me want to claw my eyes out. Here’s looking at you Gigabyte.

I am currently.

ROG is my favorite UEFI.

No other board manufacturer had their premium board out at launch, still glad I have the Zenith anyway. The water cooling support saved me cash and headaches.

1 Like