Lol Stock tips?

On a more serious not I am waiting for the IPO for One Web

Not for me but just saw this:

you guys are so ahead of me on these things

1 Like

Buy low, sell high ;)

1 Like

AMD.

Learn how to trade options, and pay attention to the yearly trends for AMD. I have made about 22K off amd in the last 3 years.

1 Like

How about learn the intricacies of the Game. Spend a year reading. Do your homework.

You are young and it will serve you the rest of your life.

Here is a start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_72

1 Like

My stock tip would be not to day trade if your asking a public tech forum for stock trading tips.

3 Likes

And my stock tip is to only day trade. Leaving your money exposed to the market overnight is too much risk.
Events can happen overnight, and the likelihood of those events making you money vs making you lose money is not favorable. And getting out the next morning as the market opens is rough.

1 Like

So some basic advice If you are looking for short term investments focused in on the companies in industries you understand/know and follow the industry news closely.

if you are looking for long term investments go with ETF's over mutual funds as ETF's have lower fees and similar growth and risk to their comparable mutual funds. Also make sure that you have some diversity in your portfolio, it will do you no good to be all tech focused as when the inevitable bump/bubble happens you will lose more than you would if it was spread out.

1 Like

I lost money on pepsi but won on snapchat lol i don't know if i should continue diversifying . just saying you're right it is sound advice but in my current situation i don't know.

Same thing i was feeling. Like i can day trade and make about 100$ a day which is alright for me.

i don't want to trade options but thanks .

Level1Techs should create an investment club.

Then we would all be in it together.

You're implying that the most charismatic of us wouldn't just use the rest as a pump and dump vehicle.

That's either incredibly naive or incredibly transparent.

Lmao

The most gullible demographic outside of the mentally handicapped is nerds. Doesn't matter how book smart they are. This is a forum full of nerds. Doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.

we can't effect the market bro! unless there are whales among us.

You'd be surprised.

So This is the advice I am going to give you.

If you want to buy stocks on your own you will need to do your homework.
You will need to look at their current values, Growth rates, realistic valuations etc.

If you are going to invest in technology like I do.

You will need to use intuition and have faith in your decisions.

EX -When I bought AMD's stock every listed RX480 I could find was out of stock.
Which means AMD sold an absolute crapload of them. Which in turn lead to a killer Q3 earnings report.

You will also need to invest in companies you find to be revolutionary and to be pushing the edge of tech.
Here are a few I have shares in.

TSLA -Tesla looks like it will eventually evolve into a power company that will make lots of money from eco-friendly contracts. As well its coupled with two other revolutionary companies.

AMD -AMD bought before the q3 2016 earnings after the rx480s were released also jumped in and out a few times pre-Ryzen.

TWLO -Twilio Just Purchased after using their dual authentication service on my VPS and realize the stock price was pretty cheap.

INTC -Intel Building intelligent systems for self-driving cars which will begin to be adapted into the next generation of motor vehicles.

I don't have any cyber security stocks, but they would also be a good potential purchase.

You have thousands of options when it comes to stocks. You have to weed out the companies that stagnating from the companies taking risks and pushing the edge of technology. Also, you have to take the advantages that other investors don't look at.

Where I make the big money.

Selling or Shorting stocks. My Strategy.
When you do lots of research you can directly assess the realistic value of a company. So when Day traders and investors take a worthless company and push it to the moon.

Try researching the heck out of it and see what you can find. if you do your homework you know the stock is only worth 2$ not 200$ and you can short it and eventually it will correct itself in your favor when the big traders dump the shares.

Good stock related websites.
Marketwatch.com - Don't take any of the news to heart. Just take it as a basic idea of sentiment.
stocktwits.com Another good measure for stock sentiment.
SeekingAlpha.com- Great place to find trades. You will still need to do lots of research as well. No one on there is going to have perfect trades.
Barchart.com- Where I can use stats tracking to find Research and short Pump Dumps.
TradingView.com if you are a charts guy and you want good fun colorful charts.

1 Like

$100 a day is $20k/yr
Not a bad way to supplement your income if you can do it in addition to a regular job.

I'm well aware, I've leveraged that in action here:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-greatest-debate-of-our-time/113931?source_topic_id=114134