Logitech RMAs, new or refurb?

Follow-up to my G910 failure thead. Logitech contacts me (finally, holy shit) for I think the 9th time after closing my previous 9 support tickets and asks for my G910’s serial number. I give them the number, they point out it’s out of warranty. Then ask for proof of purchase to help me further. I tell them I don’t have it after all this time, which I don’t. I then go on to explain that I couldn’t wait this long and that they took a tremendous amount of time to communicate with me; which they did. I instead show them proof of purchase of my new G910 and also go on to explain that the new package design is ass compared to the original production run of the G910; which it really is, and it doesn’t come with that signature second wrist rest.

I then get a response saying that they’ve approved me for an RMA and I will get a confirmation email when my RMA has been processsed. I thought RMA means I return my original item. They literally informed me that my replacement was approved and told me I will get another email once the replacement order has been shipped out.

And now, I can’t help but ask, will this be a refurb or new item?

First result in a google search…

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/warranty#same_as

I’m guessing it depends what they have in stock. I wouldn’t worry about it, getting a refurb isn’t really any different than getting something new.

1 Like

Well I saw that page, too. But it isn’t really a clear answer as to whether or not it will be new. I would think the packaging somehow gives it away? I hope so, anyway.

Anyone have experience with this?

all companies will give you a refurb before they give you something new, unless if it’s doa in which case they’ll usually give you a new one.

I have gotten two warranty replacements from Logitech, both were new.

Interesting. But so is my case. Didn’t ask me to give them my original item. Odd.

When I asked for a RMA on my g700s that got the infamous double-click issue, they did not ask me to ship the broken mouse to them. They just sent me a new one.

Logitech support has been great for me, also the hardware features and design are good for the price. However, logitech gaming software sucks and the products are unreliable(ie both of the new logitech gaming peripherals I have purchased new in the past couple of years have had to be replaced due to defects that are common)

I had the same issue with one of my mx Masters… they tried to solve a hardware issue with reinstalling the software… I should try the mouse on different OSs to see if the issue still persists…
Logitech got the worst tech support that i have ever seen. After about 1 1/2 months of emailing back and forth with 5 diffrent guys who are all called john for no fu…ng reason… I finally got a new MX Master

^ This.

They just informed me they’re sending me a new one… LOL.

So, now I have to ask the question

@everyone

What do I do now? I already bought one because I couldn’t wait for them to deal with me. I now have a spare G910, brand new. Should I keep it, or should I take it to Best Buy or some place over the holidays and exchange it for something like a G903?