Logitech or Other Bluetooth Loudspeakers Recommendations

So my really old Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 speakers appear to be on their last legs.

This was a nice ANALOG set but the audio is cutting out more and more often.

Do most Bluetooth loudspeakers support connections from a gaming PC via the Bluetooth connection ?

I noticed that there are a number of Logitech 5.1 speakers, a couple of models support Bluetooth connections along with analog inputs too.

Any thoughts or have seen other makes/models they prefer ?

Can’t give you any specific recommendations, but bluetooth is useless for general pc use.

Go for a set with physical connection for your pc, bluetooth is fine if you want to connect your phone to them at times, but nothing more.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, I was wondering the very same thing.

I would prefer to have a direct connection be it analog line inputs and/or optical inputs.

I can say that the Logitech Z906 set i’ve been using has worked quite well since i bought it around 7 years ago, the audio quality isn’t the most impressive but people more used to normal audio products seem to like them so there’s that.

Depending on budget i’d probably rather look a component system, that way you don’t have to replace everything when the amplifier dies.

Using a UPS can sometimes introduce a ground loop buzz, especially with cheaper motherboards and speakers.

My 1500VA APC unit was crazy loud on my office PC, but the smaller 650VA one isn’t as bad. I tried all of the suggested solutions with zero improvement.

Bluetooth would 100% be my suggestion for anyone trying to deal with a similar problem.

The best way to avoid that noise is optical audio though, bluetooth don’t really have the bandwidth or reliability to use for a speaker system like that, i don’t even think it supports 5.1 as it can barely handle stereo at something i deem a good bitrate.

PC OS’es is especially terrible when it comes to bluetooth audio as well.

Why not digital get a (relatively) cheap USB audio interface and attach active speakers for a studio quality sound setup.
e.g.

Watch for size / power requirements.

I’d probably get a dac instead of a USB AI, i’ve never been a fan of integrated amplifiers in speakers as it’s more annoying to replace them when they die as well.

DAC

But OP seem to be looking for a 5.1 system so this is kinda irrelevant though.

Fair.

I replaced my decade(s) old 5.1 analog speaker system with the above and would never go back. Staging and sound are way superior.

I get that, i don’t really use surround as i use the DAC i linked in the last post with a set of Austrian Audio Hi-X60’s myself.

@BigBodZod You should probably update your main post with the system that caught your eye and a budget to make it a bit easier for us autists.

Bluetooth isn’t useless at all for PC use but it will introduce latency which might be an issue depending on use case and as mentioned above don’t support 5.1. Worth mentioning is also that Bluetooth doesn’t use lossless codecs in general so there will be a degration in sound as it’s transcoded.

Before you go and buy a DAC you might want to try your built-in audio as there have been major improvement in general compared to lets say 10 years ago which is what most use as a reference. Some are better some are worse, just sayin that throwing hardware at the issue just becasue doesn’t necessarily mean its going to improve.

The model that caught my eye was this one:

Has the features and functions I would need and it also showed BT so hence why I initially asked about that as an input function.

Sound-wise you’re likely better off with a pair of decent stereo speakers and even using your built-in but if you’re dead set on 5.1 I guess they aren’t terrible in their price range but they likely sound pretty poor.

Fair enough, I’ll admit I’m out of my wheelhouse. All I know is that in my experience it is 100% not worth trying to chase down analog ground loop feedback.

Just get a powered Edifier bookshelf speaker that fits your budget range. Along the price of your Logitech:

You have Bluetooth, RCA and optical (my preference) option. Depending on the codec used on bluetooth, there might be some delay in the audio playback and what you see on your screen.

Very nice, thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Checking out things and trying to decide how to move forward.

That is not realy for a gaming setup, And the speakers are kinda nice, But adam’s are nicer. And the behringer, Just no. for that money i would get the focusrite. all day Or a universal audio volt, My smal soundcard is the ssl2 Amazing. Also have a presonus audiobox 1818 vsl. Going to test drive the focusrite scarlet this weekend. A Friennd of my bought it and we are going to install it in his studio this weekend :slight_smile: Sounds Amazig.

But not for gaming, For recording and listening music. If listening music is your thing. I would go

two of these adams, I myself have the t7v or the Yamaha’s, they are really flat you see the yamaha’s in almost every studio
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/T5V--adam-audio-t5v-5-inch-powered-studio-monitor

And for soundcard

If you really want wireless, You can go for a yamaha Amp with musiccast speakers, connect your pc with an optical cable. to the amp. or over hdmi :slight_smile:

And if you can stand the wires just go for the computer speaker set that you like the sound of. Not every speaker is the same. Listening to the speakers you are going to get. will get you further then listening to advise of other people.

1 Like

Yeah I miss not having a local Fry’s Electronics to visit as they had plenty of speakers on display to listen to.

Living in PDX isn’t helping as the nearest Microcenter is down by Jayz 2 cents in Tustin, CA :frowning:

1 Like

but what function do the speakers going to have dolby gaming ? watching movies or LIstening music ? Because that is a huge difrence in aplicatons and best setup. I always loved when people have those logitech computer dolbby speakers set ups. but it simply dosn’t work for me. I listen en record music.

I always had stereo amps connnected to my computer and hifi speakers becausse of listening to music. I learned at young age you shouldn’t put hifi speakers next to crt monitors but stil it was fun to do so :slight_smile:

OK, so forgetting that my WS also has a 5.1 Loudspeaker system connected onto it, I decided to swap the speakers around to see if the issue moves, well it does.

So to clarify, the failing loudspeakers were those special Creative Labs designed by Cambridge Soundworks models from days of your.

Back when I was using Soundblaster cards, it really was a good purchase for the time, I have to say it is probably over 20+ years old now.

The other loudspeakers are by Logitech, imagine that, they are pretty good too but not quite up to the sound quality of the older unit was.

Now to further confirm, I will keep using the swapped around loudspeakers until I find a decent replacement.

Thanks everyone for your feedback :slight_smile: