Logitech Marathon M705 mouse and KM roaming

I got the L1 4 port KM, but I can’t get it to work well with the Logitech Marathon M705. Is there something I can do about that?

The Logitech mouse doesn’t trigger mouse roaming, and when I connect the KM switch output to my L1 DisplayPort KVM switch input like mouse->KM->KVM->computer, the mouse doesn’t work at all. (KM switch output to other computers like mouse->KM->computer seems to work, except that it doesn’t trigger mouse roaming.) The other mouse I have around is an Anker Vertical Ergonomic wireless mouse, and it triggers mouse roaming and works when connected as mouse->KM->KVM->computer just fine.

Is there something I can do about this, or do I need to find another mouse? (I use the Anker to give my hand a break, but I don’t want to use a vertical mouse full time.)

PS: The KM switch is awesome. I’ve been using a crappy generic branded USB switch to toggle my mouse/keyboard between the KVM and another computer, and it takes several seconds each time. The L1 KM is instant and feels like magic, and the ability to do mouse roaming is icing on top.

Is that in the hid port? With a unifying reciver? If so should work fine. Install the unifying software and make sure its up to fldate firmware wise. This is like the unifying pairing software and has to be done with the wireless dongle direct attached

Yep, HID port with a Unifying Receiver.

Some more info: it looks like the OS is seeing the mouse as a keyboard. Moving the mouse results in gibberish characters being typed into a text editor, modifier keys held down, etc. This doesn’t seem consistent… sometimes moving the mouse a lot results in very few characters (maybe this was happening at first, when I saw the mouse doing “nothing”?), while other times moving it just a little results in several dozen characters. Often after doing this, a modifier key like shift will get stuck on for all future typing, until I power off the KM and power it back on. I just updated the firmware via Logitech’s software and that seemed to cure it… but only until I powered the KM off and turned it back on again, and it was back to seeing the mouse as a keyboard.

I just tried a different Logitech Unifying Receiver with the same mouse and have the same behavior. It only happens when attached mouse->KM->KVM->computer and doesn’t happen in any other configurations: if the mouse is attached directly to a computer, or to the KVM’s HID ports, or to the KM’s USB3 port.

The keyboard tbing is logitech switching in and out of then8 vs 20 byte protocol. It may be worth uninstalling any logitech software you have installed. If it stays in 8 byte mode you wont get the keyboard stuff. Does the pairing util show that its not paired with anything but a mouse?

• I uninstalled the Logitech software and it does indeed resolve the issue where moving the mouse types gibberish, but that just goes back to where using the mouse doesn’t work at all when connected mouse->KM->KVM->computer.
  • The Logitech pairing util shows nothing else paired but the mouse
  • There’s something else happening too, that I can’t quite pin down the cause of. A couple of times, the KVM has stopped accepting ALL input from the KM, including other mice/keyboards aside from the Logitech, until I power cycle the KVM. Other KVM features continue to work fine including mice plugged directly into it without the KM, switching between monitor inputs, etc. Not sure if related or separate issue. When this happens, the KM’s PC Select LED (LP) is off, rather than green. After I power cycle the KVM, the KM’s LP turns green (or cyan if selected).