Logitech G500S Mouse Tracking Issues

So I have been struggling with my mouse for a while as it has been failing to track for quite a while however I don't know whether it is the mouse or not.

Here is the stuff I have noticed;
- The mouse will stop tracking but a second or two later jumps to where it would have been (as if it hadn't stopped) and also is unable to take mouse click input etc...
- On occasion when this happens it also produces a windows error sound in sync with the failure as if maybe it has been unplugged and plugged back in or the drivers have gone off and back and on for whatever reason.
-The mouse on very rare occasion has stopped tracking completely and required a system reboot to fix or in the most recent case my friend told me to disable the logitech mouse drivers in the device manager and this resolved that at least but note the issues above have been around long before that change.

Sorry if there are many matching posts, I haven't seen any but I tried my best to search up on the issue but came up with nothing specific to me. Any advice would be great and thanks!

My Logitech MX518 had the same issue. The problem is the lead cable goes bad over time. You can get a new one for very cheap on Amazon.

Oh thanks so much! Are they difficult to replace at all?

Not really, I opened my mouse with 5 screws and a few on the inside.

Scroll down on this page. Its for a different issue, but the disassembly is the same.

How I fixed my Logitech G500 mouse click problem

All you have to do is take your time and work methodically and replace the cable.

Thanks again but I might have an issue with postage as I live in Ireland. Is there other ways I could do the same thing? Like butcher wires etc. .

You maybe could...I don't recommend it. You will need a 5 wire USB cable.

Here's an Ebay search for replacements:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xlogitech+replacement+mouse+cable+.TRS0&_nkw=logitech+replacement+mouse+cable+&_sacat=0

Thanks you are a star