Logitech G Hub Detecting Games

Half the reason I got a G915 TKL was I remember how amazing it was to have my Logitech Keyboard light up only the keys you used for a game and special stuff like Mass Effect Andromeda did on my G810 where you got logos spelled out when you launched the game.

I had been using a G613 (no RGB) for the years between the G810 and G915 TKL and had missed that “Scan Now” has been broken for years. Next even if you manually add a .exe (logitech’s offical solution), without the detection you do not get any of the custom lighting options for a game. So you are often forced to set the correct lighting per key per if you want the older functionality back.

Now there are community created profiles, but when you try to search those it turns only the first word into a keyword. So “Mass Effect” turns into just “mass”, and the options are for all Logitech devices (mostly not yours), and if you filter by your device there is not a great way to search the profiles.

EDIT - one other gripe is Logitech SPAMs notifications for DPI changes on my G502x. Basically the mouse goes to sleep to often when G Hub is in control, and when it wakes up I often have to change the DPI back to what I want. That makes around 5 windows notifications per time I have to wake up my mouse. Also if I turn this off, I also loose all notifications that I need to charge my mouse.

EDIT 2 - forgot the other issue. Because the software no longer detects a game .exe, it is unable to switch profiles when the game launches. So the idea of G Hub is that you can have different lighting, mouse, and other settings per game…but you have to manually go into G Hub and switch it because the core function of game detection is not working.

That notification thing does seem pretty annoying, currently using the Pro X + G604 Wireless devices with Ghub, not seeing any issues with either.

But then again since they are both Wireless I leave Ghub running all the time and check it before and after each gaming session to review the charge.

try sticking “Mass Effect in quotes”.
or use a dash/underscore to join the 2 words if quotes doesnt work.

Quotes do not work, because the app is hard coded to see " " as start a new search term.

underscore sort of works, but all the profiles are per device combo and there are none for my devices:

Also if I hit load more, or try to move tabs like “Profiles” I get a black screen, and have to search again. On anything other that all I was getting no results, and if put in my devices I get no results for any game I play, and they major ones like Midnight Suns or Jedi Survivor.

My mouse has an LED strip, and it likes to go to a rainbow wake-up by default. It will also not light up randomly, or flash colors at me when I move it after a while. Basically telling I want no to RGB on wake from sleep in G Hub has did not fix this. Same when I plugged it in to charge or unplugged it.

Now the RGB is mostly under my palm, but since I switched to SignalRGB it just works. No windows spam, no RGB randomness (I have everything set to solid cyan), and no randomly dark mouse.

See that is where I differ, I turn OFF all the RGB crap I can find along with the notifications, so maybe I tend to just keep playing until the device needs to be recharged.

But here is the neat thing about both devices:

The Mouse uses just a single Double A battery, so I have a stack of charged NiMH batteries lying about to swap out rather quickly if I let it go this far, which has happened multiple times :wink:

The Headset can be run by the USBc cable and charged at the same time so again IF I let it run out then I can connect up the USBc cable and let it charge while still using the head set.

I just play in a darker room, so being able to see my keyboard and mouse is nice. Again, I just have a solid color mostly for visibility. That is why the rainbow spasm on wake up was annoying. :woman_shrugging:

Also the feature I am most missing was disabling RGB on all keys except the ones the game uses and color coding those to like movement is red, weapon switch is orange, and so on.

So I prefer Logitech Mice and a MS Natural KB, hence no RGB on the KB :wink:

Now trying to find another Natural KB is not easy to do, seems that MS has stopped making it :frowning:

I just checked, and Amazon still has the MS Natural KB. Also it looks like Logitec got in with the Ergo K860:

Also I have seen some true hotswap mechanical ergo kbs, so you could get one pre-built or build it yourself. Just then you can keep replacing the switches and keycaps for as long as you want, and really extend the life of the keyboard that way.

When my G915 TKL dies, if the G Hub is not fixed I am going with a hotswap keybaord myself.

Thanks for the info, I will have to check things out once again.

1 Like