So I have FreeNAS running and I installed Syncthing plugin and started to configure it to replace what I use dropbox for at the moment. I was watching Tom Lawrence video as guidance but managed to screw it up. I try to list first all info needed but please ask if I missed something.
- OS Version: FreeNAS-11.2-U7
- I have 4-port LACP to switch, which includes 3 VLANs. .5.xxx, .10.xxx, .15.xxx. All /24. (IMAGE)
- Syncthing plugin is installed, and configured to run static IP 192.168.5.66 /24. It is up and running. Management was working first but now it doesnt. We’ll return to this later…(IMAGE)
- I created user “sync” with UID 983 which should give permissions for syncthing to do its thing. (IMAGE)
- Next I created dataset, and set permissions for user “sync” and group “sync”. (IMAGE)
- Then added mountpoint for syncthing jail with new empty folder. (IMAGE)
Now I was set up to open management, installed syncthing on my phone, added freenas device and made the connection, set folder on phone where i copied few files for testing purposes and shared it with freenas. Now as I went to management in freenas, I see the folder I shared, but I get prompted that folder inside jail can not be created, there was problem with permissions. For one hour I was going through settings, watching the video again and again and trying to figure out what I did wrong but couldn’t find anything. Next I went to google and found out I could create the folder inside jail in shell so I did. mkdir worked fine, managed to create the folder and as I went to syncthing management I saw that the folder on my phone was synced and it was working as intended.
- Next I added another user (my main pc) to group “sync”, set SMB share to /mnt/Ironwolf2x4TbMirror/SyncthingData (IMAGE).
- I am able to connect to this share, but the synced folder inside is empty. (IMAGE)
Now I went back to syncthing management to check why this folder is empty even tho just minutes ago it showed in management that folder is synced. I click management button under plugins > syncthing > … and this is what I get. Any ideas why I’m blocked out of management? Shell for syncthing jail still works. Why did I have to manually create the folder? I have tried restarting the jail but it didn’t help.