Location icon in Android is always on

Glad it helped! Not my work, found the solution on the internet and decided to pass the trick on.
Did it start happening out of the blue for you too?

Oh and I’ve red that one user couldn’t fix it this way so had to go through a reset. I’m gonna call the Motorola support for this.

2 Likes

Yeah. Started about a week ago. I believe after a bunch of Google updates. Unfortunately it’s hard to know which ones because the Play store also has a issue where the recently updated list is not updating properly.

1 Like

Noticed that aswell too now that you mention it!
Google screwed up baad, hope they’re gonna fix it soon.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I have an Honor 50 with latests update and same problem since 2 days… The fix doesn’t work for me :frowning:
But I’ve checked that it seems to be a display glitch… It doesn’t check location anytime. My battery doesn’t drain and all seems to be normal except the icon.
It seems that (I’ve disabled/enabled and check what’s the matter) when you disabled the location et enabled it again, it disappear… Apps check location as normal for a few time and at a moment, the icon block again… But it think it just will not hidden by system after location ask.
(sorry for my bad English, I’m a French user ^^).
I’ve let the icon in this state and will see at the end of the day if it was battery problem (but for now, no and apps ask location same as usual without problem);

1 Like

Hi! Unfortunately this fix seems to work only for some people.
I’ve had the same issue exactly (no battery drain, no weird apps checking location) so it looks almost like a visual glitch, but there’s something somewhere that it’s causing it.

I’ve seen other users report that a factory reset squashes the bug. So maybe you could try that. I’ve also seen reported that downgrading the Google Play Services works too.

I guess there should be some mass report to Google for them to do something about it.

1 Like

Yeah but I don’t want to configure all again… :blush:
Perhaps downgrade play service but if it works, so it’s a Google problem and I will wait. Like you say, they will have a lot of reports (I hope… And i hope I’ve not to wait an honor update to correct it…)

1 Like

Just to know, downgrading play services means uninstall it? (return to factory version)…
Is it risky?? Mine are 0,9go size…

Mine was around the same size. I tried downgrading to factory and the only “issues” I had was Google asking me for which account to backup my phone to and Google Play Games saying it will use my account as default from now on. Also you need the previous release from apkmirror else it’s gonna complain that Play Services is outdated.

Do all of this at your own risk. If you don’t feel comfortable just don’t do it.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I think I will wait… I think Google will address it no? :blush:

I hope so! If Honor has a toll free call center for issues I think you should report this issue to them too. I guess that if enough people with different brand phones call the manufacturer they will eventually get to Google and have that fixed.

1 Like

Honor is a Huawei subsidiary… I’d be more worried if you are on Harmony OS cant search something like “Tiananmen Square Massacre” on your phone.

1 Like

Honor was a Huawei subsidiary. I haven’t harmony os, just Google services.
@MetalizeYourBrain I’ve send a mail to the honor support with all the explications :wink: I hope they made an update soon.
If so I will return to give news :wink:
And I confirm, after a whole day with icon displaying, all is normal with battery, so no drain (53% now and I’ve used my phone for a lot of things).

1 Like

If you decide to install, send me a challenge code, I will generate an activation code for you. Without this specific challenge code, I have no way to generate an activation code. :wink:

The activation code only works once, only with this specific instance / device. the activation code depends on the challenge code, thus the abuse of one code for many instances is limited. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind if ever need one. Thank you again!

1 Like

@HonorPoluxo @MotoGpsy763
The issues is fixed in the Google Play Services 22.45.17. If you don’t have the update available you can get it on apkmirror. But you install it at your own risk and you’re gonna need to remove that update to get back updates from the Google Play Store since it shows the app as installed from outside the store.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Forced the update from the Play Store and all is well again.

How do you force updates from the Play Store?

From the “Google Play Services” app info tap on “App details” under “store”. This will take you to the Google Play Store listing and let you update the Google Play Services if a new update is available.

2 Likes

Didn’t have it. So I just reverted the update downloaded from apkmirror and the latest one got installed from the Play Store.

1 Like

Thanks a lot all!!! I’ve updated with this way and restart my phone. Now the icon was gone!!! Thanks again for the update :blush::pray::+1:

3 Likes