Loadbalancing Matlab Server

So I’m trying to Build a Matlab simulation machine. It will be running Ubuntu 16 and different people will be logged in as different users. Any ideas how to make sure that all aktiv users get an equal amount of resources? Currently Ubuntu seems to be prefering the user that logged in first which results in the same test (Running the integrated benchmark 100 times) taking 10% more time for the second user. Am currently checking if that translates to longer tests. Has anyone got any experience with something similar? The solution has to be free and involve a GUI for the users.
Hope this is the correct category for this btw.

1 Like

consider diving into ulimits for the users

1 Like

I’ve already played with niceness, which seemed to me the only setting that makes sense (limiting cores is a waist in case only one user is simulating, same for any other absolute limit), however giving every user the same niceness still gives me that same 10% gap. Am I overlooking something? As far as I’ve understood its very complicated to dynamically distribute the cores (as in taking some cores away from running users and giving them to a new one that just logged on).
I’m very inexperienced so glad to learn.